Erick Swanberg

crusader canopy

Hi Erick, 

Actually, I am making up a new mold for the Crusader set along with the canopy, there has been a lot of interest in it lately and we've run out.

Should have spare windscreens in a week or so. 

Paul

Hey Paul, couple Crusader questions. Would you consider doing something about the cooling vents behind the radome to make them flush with the side of the fuselage instead of the raised areas as they are now? Secondly, any more thoughts about doing a RF-8G? Thank you.

Chuck

Hi Paul,

I sent you a message with my question through your website but no reply.  Then, I also called you 2 times but the phone kept ringing.

Is it possible for me to order your 1/32 F-8 windscreen only?

Sincerely,

Tai Tang

Yes, the Trumpeter windshield is engraved with the wrong outlines. Far too overdone.

I'm in to buy a Fisher windshield for my F-8J.

Agree about the 'gills' too. Would be nice to have a new nose and seamless inlet if possible. Have the Rhino one but it's an ugly mate with the fuselage.

Really needs correct Y-shaped dual Winder launchers also, which were asymmetric in reality owing to the IFR/AAR probe housing.

Would settle for a new windshield though.

Tony

OH CRAP !!!...  It's too late now.  I have already bought Rhino's F-8 Crusader air intake before knowing the fit issue.

Trumpeter's F-8E windshield is truly wrong.

However, I have no luck to obtain Mr. Paul Fisher's reply of my message about ordering his F-8C windshield alone. :mental:

A couple of people used the Rhino in the Vietnam group build and one guy - can't remember his name - came up with a hybrid way of using that and kit parts which works incredibly well.

I would keep it.

Tony

We have no choice since that air intake is the only one available so far.  It was expensive, though.

However, the mouth of the air intake looks very good (realistic thin). 

I also have seen that guy's building process, but didn't think of saving the information.  Don't know where I can find it now. :hmmm:

We have no choice since that air intake is the only one available so far.  It was expensive, though.

However, the mouth of the air intake looks very good (realistic thin). 

I also have seen that guy's building process, but didn't think of saving the information.  Don't know where I can find it now. :hmmm:

A couple of people used the Rhino in the Vietnam group build and one guy - can't remember his name - came up with a hybrid way of using that and kit parts which works incredibly well.

I would keep it.

Tony

LOL- I get that alot... makes me feel like Pale Rider or something.   :)

I know this is about Paul's F-8 windscreen, but here it is should it contribute to the conversation or be helpful to anyone.

F-8E intake mod part 1

F-8E intake mod part 2

F-8E Y-Racks

Kai

Edited by EmperorKai