What's your bet on the next 1/24 th Airfix kit ?

Erwin

I want to "vote" again.  I am visualizing an Avro Anson.  Imagine all the detail inside one can actually see through the windows. Plenty of variants to choose from too.  Although a yellow version of the model that size may be confused by family to be the latest from Tonka toys.

Rick

When Airfix announced their Hawker Typhoon last year, it completely blindsided me in a very pleasant way.  I just never expected it.  A very pleasant surprise indeed.  It would be nice if Airfix would blindside me again with a Corsair or Hellcat.  I'm not holding my breath, but can you imagine either one of those in 1/24 scale?  I'm sure they would fly off the shelfs. No pun intended.

Best regards

Patrick

A Corsair or Hellcat would be awesome, as would a P-40E!

I know it wouldn't happen, but a Hawker Fury, or Hart would be awesome too!

Of course, a Gladiator was seriously considered by Airfix, but lost out to the Fw-190. Actually, a Gladiator would be amazing!

Regards;
Steve

Whatever it turns out to be, you can bet your pension that the "very-nice-but-I-was-hoping-for-a-such-and-such" posts will quickly follow on the forums.

No kit company can ever hope to please all modellers all of the time.

- Steve

Hello,

I dreamt this night that their next kit will be a   de Havilland Dragon Rapide.

Cheers

Boris

Ooooohhhh... I'd even settle for a nouvelle-Airfix 1/48 Dragon Rapide!  Da-ROOOL!

What would you say of a 1/32 resin Dragon Rapide ?

Hubert

Hello,

Must say that I have zero experience with Resin kits, but if someone would  turn out a Dragon Rapide or a Fokker G-1 I would give it a go.

Cheers

Boris

I realise this will rain on a few parades, but I asked this very question of the head of the Airfix research team, at Telford last year. While he was happy to tell me that they are already working on the next one, he (naturally) wouldn't say what it was, but did say that it wasn't (and wouldn't be) a Spitfire, because it was considered that there weren't enough "extras" that were hung on the airframes, to justify it in the large scale.

This tends to head me off in the direction of Sea Fury, Hunter, Buccaneer, etc., but we'll see,

My very un-educated guesstimate that probably holds as much water as a small sieve, but...

A 1:24 BAe Hawk?

Not too big - can do an Arrows version, trainer and armed versions - and has flown with a lot of airforces.

Probably a million miles - and 70 odd years out - but hey  :)

Iain