HK Mosquito

Guest Peterpools

I wish the builder would have built the kit OOB, so we could see what the kit builds up like OOB. Having said that, the detail he added sure makes the cockpit pop doesn't it. I also thought that the one piece nose was going to be an interesting issue, and when he decided to cut it in half, I just smiled to myself.

Brad :)

Gary did make it out of the box Brad - the only addition are sutton harnesses from Radu and the Airscale dials from Peter as the test kit did not have any (so far). 

As an extra to the readers he went to the risky method of detailing the cockpit a little more by cutting it in half so he could better access it to super detail. It was risky but you can see by the results just how good the kit can be with some simple research & scratch building and modelling "chutzpah".

Although this method isn't for everyone but he wanted to make the kit into something as good as he could.

But yes - out of the box :-)

Ads

In the shadow" of today and the next days (first pics of Tamiya Mossie) I would like to share some pictures of the final Mossie Produciton Kit from HK Models with you. The surface now includes laser-worked details of seam lines etc and rough texture around the metal intake sections. HK-Models will be also showing the Mossie at Shizouka Hobby Show.

Now before I share the pictures please also visit this link, in the original photos you can barely see those seam-lines which I think have never been done on a Mossie in any scale before: http://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/mosquito/mossie_walk2.shtmland http://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/mosquito/mossie_walk3.shtml

So please compare the pics of the actual model kit and the pics in the Walkaround galleries. I hope you will enjoy it :)

You can also have a look at our FB-Page where you can find the included paint-shemes of the HK release as well as some more pics: https://www.facebook.com/hkmodelsde

Lets start with the decals:

DSC00832_zpsmyxrrfmo.jpg

PE-Parts:

DSC00830_zpsitwezncc.jpg

Clear Parts (U,V,W,X Sprues):

DSC00826_zpssp2zt26d.jpg

Some details from the Cockpit parts:

DSC00808_zpskirhjv3z.jpg

DSC00789_zps8yr5cf37.jpg

DSC00786_zpsdogirvbc.jpg

M-Sprue:

DSC00780_zpsltnsuqnn.jpg

Details from the Landing-Gear bay-doors:

DSC00765_zps2wzbeiqr.jpg

Other details:

DSC00763_zpsslsouyl3.jpg

Radiators:

DSC00759_zps0dze1yqo.jpg

Rudder:

DSC00752_zpsiwrx8f8f.jpg

DSC00748_zpssyjp9zwo.jpg

Propeller (G Sprue):

DSC00741_zps8kjikiv3.jpg

Optional Propeller (F Sprue):

DSC00738_zpshordh5qe.jpg

Spinner Cap:

DSC00722_zps9crtk1rq.jpg

Tire details:

DSC00719_zpsjxefqqre.jpg

Wing surface structure (please note again that the Wings are ONE Part!):

DSC00714_zpsbyawzbev.jpg

DSC00703_zpsucgyhsvc.jpg

Rear fuselage:

DSC00700_zpsahar1x7u.jpg

DSC00692_zpsftf2byln.jpg

I LOVE the engineering on this kit, and do like the pointy windscreen much better than the fighter version. However....................overall I do like the fighter version MUCH better.  I also am curious to the Tam style of wheels VS the normal breakout for wheels.

For all the great engineering in this kit, Im thinking its going to be a MAJOR PITA to clean up the HK wheels trying to get rid of that seam around all those tread blocks:

DSC00719_zpsjxefqqre.jpg

Well, from these views it looks like someone has finally figured out what a fabric control surface should look like. No sag to the fabric and very subtle rib stitching. Quite impressive!

Mark Proulx

Well, this thread and the one with the Tamiya Mossie, show the benefits of competition. I would have to assume both manufacturers knew about the other's plans, and have strived to outdo themselves. Both kits look outstanding. I like Tamiya's wheels better, and have a slight nagging doubt about the slope of the canopy sides of the HK kit, but its surface detail is beautiful, and I prefer the glass-nosed version overall.

So overall, I am very happy to have preordered the HK Mossie on Luckymodels' site, and I am also very happy for my friends here who will have a blast with the Tamiya kit !

Hubert

Edited by MostlyRacers

Probably due to the one piece wing/nose/fuselage, but it seems to be quite a bit lower in pieces than I was expecting.

We all knew Tamiya would produce a superb kit - all those years experience - but for HK to produce something like this after only a few years in existence is staggering.

Edited by DeanKB

Probably due to the one piece wing/nose/fuselage, but it seems to be quite a bit lower in pieces than I was expecting.

We all knew Tamiya would produce a superb kit - all those years experience - but for HK to produce something like this after only a few years in existence is staggering.

The total parts count is about 350pcs including PE. I've to admit that I would have to look in the office to exactly say it as I'm at home for the moment ;)