tbell

Meng Me 163B Komet "Yellow 11"

After over a year on and off the bench I've finally managed to finish my Meng Me 163B Komet. It was a bit of a mixed bag, with very nice detail but overly ambitious engineering. A fiddly build to say the least.

WIP here: http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=50501&hl=meng

The only aftermarket bits used were BarracudaCast wheels (a must-have, IMHO) and the HGW microtextile seat harness (not a must-have, but a big improvement nonetheless.) All insignia and aircraft specific markings were masked and painted, while the wee stencils are kit decals. The RLM 74/75/76 are Gunze, with a mishmash of Alclad, Tamiya, Vallejo, Humbrol and Citadel paints for everything else.

Questions and constructive criticism are more than welcome.

IMG_1602_zpsti2ksrsm.jpg

IMG_1597_zpsre4rasjw.jpg

IMG_1591_zpsvwhaeizq.jpg

IMG_1578_zpsm7moccav.jpg

IMG_1558_zpsqriy2puo.jpg

IMG_1555_zpsqc6pivyw.jpg

IMG_1552_zpsbowp4s3k.jpg

IMG_1610_zpsegdg3zwp.jpg

IMG_1621_zps0dvjs66n.jpg

IMG_1534_zpsuxgbkzej.jpg

Cheers,

Tony

There's nothing to criticise Tony - it's masterful! And the kit itself looks like a great advance over the old Hasegawa one. I'd love to publish yours on the website if you'd permit me.

Kev

Inspiring! What are the four little black spots on the oval shaped access panels on each wing? Are they decals? BTW, did this kit come with a pilot by chance? I need a good seated pilot for my Hase kit.

Tim

Amazing finish and paint work, my hat is off to you on this one!  One of the finest Luftwaffe mottle paint jobs I have ever seen.

Amazing finish and paint work, my hat is off to you on this one!  One of the finest Luftwaffe mottle paint jobs I have ever seen.

I concur on that paint job :thumbsup: