Mals Way, Corsair, USS Bunker Hill, Carrier Deck, Part II.

Love it Mal ... I'm with you, the misalignment of the walkway would have bothered me no end. Now it's back to your usual spectacular standard! Love your work, I'm watching every update.

Jim

Thanks Jim...then you know how gnabbing a misswork can be and continue the build an let it be and it still annoying....and when done...it is there...better to fix it in early stages....or it will irritate you alot....and im the one that like to look at my models every day in their glass cabinets in the livingroom....

as redoings in my opinion build skills and fast as they in fact happen to every modeller..(they are there to learn from)....even the PRO Builders got them...but they never show them...as i wish they could since the task is to how to fix misshaps....a tutuorial in goofs is rarely seen...as we builders do them sometimes...as ive promised this build is naked and true all the way...as it should be..namely mine...Mals Way....all the way....noithin to be a shamed of.....as my goal is to get a nice model in the glass cabinett...... ;) and have a drink with my ww2 interested buddies and gagging about ww2 stuff over when they are at my Place....

/Mal

Guest Peterpools

Mal

Sweet wok on the Big Corsair., the air brush work is flawless. Looking forward to your post shading techniques and go so, so I can take notes.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Peter......Most postshading have been done....different panelshades...i know many do them afterwards as last thing...but not here due several steps to make all blend in....ill do som minor postshade later if needed.....

im in experimenting with washes now, and after some testing....yes grey will work...shadow colors for blue hmmm more green as it is closer to blue.ehn looking at the color circle for oilpainiting ....oilpainting stuff runs thru my mind.....

Ill sleep on the matter and i will test more on scrap pieces.....as im very patience guy and stubborn........

/Mal

Thanks Misha for them kind Words....

yep tried green...far to stark.....grey seems the best candidate...as it gets that subtle effect im after......Oilpaints is the thing and also Tamiyas Panel Line Washes...as they can be mixed....;)

A note as i know blue oilpaint sunch as preussian blue is a hell to remove...sonce the pigments really "sticks" and impossibleto remover......so hey folks stick away from  that one...it is perfect for fuel stains when wanting that shimmering effect of blueish in the fuelstain dirt.....

So stay tuned more to come....

/Mal

Thanks Harv....

Yes is doing very well......antibiotic and wound....yes....this were the last day i needed to keep his wound open.....due draintube did not work on my pal Simon...so had to do the hardcore way.....vet ordered me...and that havent been a problem at all as he seems to understand why...hell yeah it hurts like hell to wash the wounds and make them open twice a day by washing and separeta so it is open......but it had to be done....he did only make noise...wel say hell of a noise but not a show to bite or claw me..i didnt need to hold him at all...just firnly wash and press the gunk (bacteria) out as it hurts like hell..and he showd it but face said...Do It...just Do It...Just Do It...that is trust ...that is a trust bond...as he is my Best Night Pal.....

/Mal

Thanks Harv....

Yes is doing very well......antibiotic and wound....yes....this were the last day i needed to keep his wound open.....due draintube did not work on my pal Simon...so had to do the hardcore way.....vet ordered me...and that havent been a problem at all as he seems to understand why...hell yeah it hurts like hell to wash the wounds and make them open twice a day by washing and separeta so it is open......but it had to be done....he did only make noise...wel say hell of a noise but not a show to bite or claw me..i didnt need to hold him at all...just firnly wash and press the gunk (bacteria) out as it hurts like hell..and he showd it but face said...Do It...just Do It...Just Do It...that is trust ...that is a trust bond...as he is my Best Night Pal.....

/Mal

Well Mal, if you put as much care in for your friend Simon as you do for your kits, he will heal quickly! Sounds like it has been a lot of work, but it will pay off in the end, same  as your kits! 

Glad he's doing better. Hopefully he learned his lesson with that seagull, and will stick to smaller prey!

Allright...more painting...that line on the side of the fuselage and the last dark step here at the wingroot are painted...thin clearcoat all over...and time for decals....

25ezkv6.jpg

Yes...now the postshade is clearly visible....as if looking Close...it is hard to se...but from distance it pops out....

a closeup

33cve6a.jpg

Now that wash....yes this will be just fine for me...im in for lighergrey on underside color and slightly darker grey on the topcolor

25rgw10.jpg

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford