J2M3 Raiden | ZOUKEI-MURA

Hi,

finally back doing some work on the ZM J2M3 Raiden. I glued the lower belly to the rear fuselage. Fit was perfect. I also assembled the horizontal stabs, added panel lines and rivets with a stone beading tool. Bunrindo #61 is my reference for rivets and panels lines. The horizontal stabs will be glued after painting the model in place. Their good fit allows for this. Added also a panel line along the fuselage spine. Next will be riveting the rear fuselage ...

Raiden_Willmer_10_zpszwhixnuv.jpg

Raiden_Willmer_11_zpsay24ma3l.jpg

Looks amazing!  I finished this kit at the end of last year and I loved it.  I seem to remember the only real fit issues I had were the engine cowlings.  Best of luck with the build and I will be following this one!

Looks amazing! I finished this kit at the end of last year and I loved it. I seem to remember the only real fit issues I had were the engine cowlings. Best of luck with the build and I will be following this one!

OK hope that my cowling panels will fit nicely! ! I will report here. Bye

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi all,

finally some progress on my Raiden. Almost finished the rivet and screw detail on the fuselage. Rivets are hard to photograph without any weathering, but the screw detail came out nicely. I used my trusted stone bedding tool and authentic pictures for reference.

Bye now,

109er.

Raiden_Willmer_14_zpsfqw2fdtk.jpg

Raiden_Willmer_13_zpsqj6ahqib.jpg

Raiden_Willmer_15_zpserpwf3jw.jpg