HK B-17G "Little Miss Mischief"

Hello everyone, 

I have just finished shooting some pics of my interpretation of HK's B-17G. I have been serialising my progress in AIR Modeller Magazine over the past 22 months so it feels pretty good to have this finished and that it comes close to my own expectations for the kit. I spent quite some time adding detail to the interior much of which is now hidden but the work on the nose, cockpit and top turret really paid off. I modified the waist windows to replicate the earlier pattern doner rear fuselage and added Brasin wheels, 50 cal breech, exhausts and Master 50 cal barrels. The bare metal finish was my first attempt using AK Interactive True Metal and I think it speaks for itself - everything else is Gunze Mr Color. To finish it off I added some crew using figures from the Wings Cockpit Figures range and took this shot under some genuine English skies for authentic lighting (once it stopped raining and blowing a gale). I hope you like her.

regards David

AIR Modeller Magazine

FF283-vi.jpgFF275-vi.jpg

FF271-vi.jpgFF260-vi.jpgFF259-vi.jpgFF279-vi.jpgMontage1-vi.jpgMontage2copy-vi.jpg

I'm taking up knitting! 

Superb work as usual David - although I'd actually say this looks like your best yet - and that's saying something...

Stunning  :wub:

Iain