Airfix 1/24 North American P51D/K Mustang (Mk. IVA)

Sparzanza

my pleasure, good catch with the rearview mirrors also the canopy frame was partially left in NMF.

Yep, thank you! I knew this already though! I think it was either shown in the Airfix instructions, or I saw it somewhere else on the interwebs. Not sure, I just knew. Maybe I'm psychic. ;) Painting this beauty is going to be an adventure.

I am quite happy to report that my repairs to the fuselage joints on this kit are looking very good under a coat of paint. Especially considering I had to mend the gaps with stretched sprue and sand smooth, and rescribe quite a few panel lines.

Below you can see before & after pictures of these repairs.

srqd5CL.jpg

7ohnk9M.jpg

UiuZvrO.jpg

ohIz0eH.jpg

Edited by Sparzanza

Unfortunately , Again I can not see the built process pictures. But can see the profile

Very nice and added to my bucket list . Somehow I liked the contrast between RAF scheme and sweet yellow

And final countdown to purchase 1/32 scale Xtradecal set from Hannants.

Happy modelling

A14003---A.jpg

Unfortunately , Again I can not see the built process pictures. But can see the profile

Very nice and added to my bucket list . Somehow I liked the contrast between RAF scheme and sweet yellow

And final countdown to purchase 1/32 scale Xtradecal set from Hannants.

Happy modelling

A14003---A.jpg

Thanks for stopping by! You can start seeing pictures at page 4, but I have summarized the progress of the build as well, in this album: https://imgur.com/a/C2UXw

Wow, if you hadn't shown the before pics, I would never have known how much you had to repair. Great job!

Thanks! :D Yeah and on top of gapfilling & mending - some bits just didn't line up properly at all! And once I lined them up properly, another part ended up misaligned! The canopy does not slide into place 100% due to this, there's a small gap on the right side. I plan on displaying it with an open canopy anyway, luckily... but still.

Small steps forward; painted the lids of the droptanks with Humbrol 60 matt red. I don't know what color the cable running on top of them is supposed to be, but I'm guessing aluminium or black?

lrmoTCC.jpg

About ready to start spraying the main camo. I will not be using Humbrol 30 for the dark green though, as it looks... well, wrong. I'll go for Humbrol 116.

wPJWi20.jpg

Masking is a lot more work than I anticipated. I managed to finish masking off the cockpit, and just got started with the fuselage. Tamiya's bendy tape comes in handy here. Might even use it for the main camo instead of white tac due to the horrid experience I had on my Gustav.

9KWmKTV.jpg

jWj8k1w.jpg