Airfix 1/24 North American P51D/K Mustang (Mk. IVA)

Sparzanza

Looks like I have 2 alternatives.

Either just go with the regular droptanks provided in the kit, or remove the things holding them in place and leave the Mustang bare. :(

Are those 108 gallon paper droptanks available as aftermarket in 1/24?

5 hours ago, Sparzanza said:

Looks like I have 2 alternatives.

Either just go with the regular droptanks provided in the kit, or remove the things holding them in place and leave the Mustang bare. :(

Are those 108 gallon paper droptanks available as aftermarket in 1/24?

Hi Sparzanza,

It looks like there are at least three after market options for the 108 gallon 'paper' tanks available in 1/24 scale (here is a link to a quick internet search that I carried out for you):

https://www.google.com/search?q=1%2F24+108+gallon+paper+drop+tank&oq=1%2F24+108+gallon+paper+drop+tank&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i22i29i30.18890j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

HTH

Derek

• 5 months later...
13 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

:speak_cool::popcorn:

Thanks Mike. :)

3 hours ago, Ironwing said:

Sparz,

It's been a long trip but your effort and perseverance have paid off. Very nice work indeed.

Cheers..

Geoff

Thanks Geoff. Long trip indeed, but hopefully I get to finish it this time around... I might even go with the kit droptanks to save myself time and money. I just want her finished!

• 1 year later...

Two years later... still not finished. I finally got the motivation to finish her up just the other day thanks to a couple of blokes at the IPMS forum, but now the disgusting swedish summer is preventing me from doing any work.

It's too hot to live. Hopefully it won't keep me off the kit for another two years...

On 6/18/2023 at 1:15 PM, Sparzanza said:

Two years later... still not finished. I finally got the motivation to finish her up just the other day thanks to a couple of blokes at the IPMS forum, but now the disgusting swedish summer is preventing me from doing any work.

It's too hot to live. Hopefully it won't keep me off the kit for another two years...

No problems Sparzanza; I have spent about 8 years on my Trumpeter 1/32 EE Lightning F.6 build (a d still not finished), so don't worry.

Derek