Zoukei Mura Ta152 H0 and Do 335 A0

Wouter

Hi all,

just a heads up, Zoukei Mura posted their latest Old man's blog with some new info regarding the Ta152 H0 and Do 335 A0. I've taken the liberty to link the pictures here.

The Ta152 is scheduled for release in August:

If google translate is right you can build the model as a H0 and H1! New parts are made for the engine cowling, prop blades and canopy

img_065b001.jpg

img_065b002.jpg

img_065b003.jpg

img_065b004.jpg

img_065b005.jpg

img_065b006.jpg

img_065b007.jpg

continued in next post...

DO 335. The mock-up is completed but it will still take some time before we see this one. My personal guess is that ZM is delaying the release so the don't have to compete with the one from HK and that the are focusing on the FW190 series. 

img_065b012.jpg

img_065b013.jpg

img_065b01415.jpg

img_065b016.jpg

img_065b017.jpg

The blog ends with the announcement of a meeting in the store in Japan on the 23 of May. There are two speakers: Dhr. Naoki Kobayashi about all metal finishing of models and Alexander Glass (Uschi vd Rosten) about the use of wood grain decals.

Furthermore there will be displaymodels of upcoming releases:

11/32 Ta 152 H0

11/32 Do 335 A0

11/48 Ho 229 Horten

11/32 Artwork of Fw190 series and a real instrument panel and joystick.

Sounds good :-), although Japan is a bit to far/expensive for me...

Edit:

almost forgot to mention the hint of a future release for a full scale jet (guess that means 1/32). Two engines, two man cockpit side by side if I read correctly. A6 intruder mayby?

Edited by Wouter

... DO 335. The mock-up is completed but it will still take some time before we see this one. My personal guess is that ZM is delaying the release so the don't have to compete with the one from HK and that the are focusing on the FW190 series ...

Hey Wouter ... Thanks for the post!! :D

Well ... I'm not going to knock back a ZM Fw190!!! ... In fact I plan to get them all ... but I'm guessing I would have chosen a ZM Do335 over a HKM one - now what, eh?

That Ta152 looks very interesting ... and I have a couple of the original kit in the stash ... I'm just hoping that someone does a decent Ta154 someday ...

Rog :)

almost forgot to mention the hint of a future release for a full scale jet (guess that means 1/32). Two engines, two man cockpit side by side if I read correctly. A6 intruder mayby?

He does mention about it being in 1/48, whether that's in addition to 1/32 is anyone's guess. In the translation I got, it read, kind of... "twin-engine, two seat, besides ~~~~!!" It's vague at best.

Edited by Kagemusha

F-111?

Hi all,

just a heads up, Zoukei Mura posted their latest Old man's blog with some new info regarding the Ta152 H0 and Do 335 A0. I've taken the liberty to link the pictures here.

The Ta152 is scheduled for release in August:

If google translate is right you can build the model as a H0 and H1! New parts are made for the engine cowling, prop blades and canopy

img_065b006.jpg

continued in next post...

What are the hooks on the canopy for? Anybody know?

Im slowly working on the first issue of the ta152 kit and the fit is pretty bad, as is the parts break down. it kinda reminds me of the oldr Matchbox kits.

I don't know if it is hyped salesmanship or real passion that inspires ZM, but I fell for it and bought the first ZM Ta 152.  When I opened the box I was utterly unimpressed.   I have to agree about the Matchbox comment,  as that was exactly my first thought too.  In addition to the crude surface detail  there was a lack of sophistication about the kit that was reflected in the poor design and fit. 

I am somewhat ambivalent at the prospect of a series of Fw 190s from ZM.  If they focus on producing accurate kits and concentrate on the basics first, I'm all in.  If they continue with this notion of crude surface detail at the expense of internal details ,at Tamiya prices, I'll take a pass.

Edited by RBrown

We at Spamodeler have been send a "preview"  of the coming English version of the newest Old Man´s Blog from Zoukei-mura´s HQ. In regards to the Ta 152H-0 it reads:

-Ta 152 H-0

Based on a long research conducted at the Smithsonian Museum! The charm of Ta 152 H-0 explored to its core!

A more, detail-rich SWS is about to come out!

More than the already available H-1, the H-0 has been equipped with as many elements as possible.

This is a subject for all you fans of German Aircraft. The Old Man is confident that you'll be amazed!!

Ta 152 H-0 Kit Specific Parts(New mold and additional parts):

Engine cowling, nose shape, propeller, wing mold, canopy, landing gear and others.

You will perfectly notice the difference between H-0 and H-1!

Release: Scheduled for August

Also some information to the Dornier Do 335 is given, which will also have transparent parts as Zoukei-mura did the Horten, as requested by modellers who asked for this feature on the Do 335, to:

-Do 335

Even in 1/32 Scale, its full size is going to be 433mm (length), 431mm (width) and 156mm (height)!

People will be really overwhelmed with this amazing build!

According to the current plan, 341 parts!

This kit will also contain transparent parts so that, once you have completed the build,  you will be able to see the internal structure through the external cover.

A full and more precise translation of the Old Man´s Blog will be published soon.