Elboogie

Academy UH-60L DAP Black Hawk

I could not live with myself.

I learned that I had the chaff and flare protectors backwards, and I was going to leave it like that.

But what type of modeler would I be, especially if I have the tools to do this little projected that I created.      :BANGHEAD2:

20150512_000845_zpsm1ij2uwy.jpg

And the right side.  Please note, I took off the big PE part that is suppose to go there.

When I have to remove PE parts and glue them back again, to me it doesn't look right.  But I will only prime and paint the part, as long as I didn't lose detail on the PE part, 

I should be good:

20150512_000748_zpszcmpxtqb.jpg

Now I have to sand the entire right side and a small side of the left fuselage to get rid of the ca marks and then rivet the holes again.  This will take me a little bit.  

Not too many updates until Thursday or Friday because I have to take a 8 hour drive, back and forth to Reno to pick up my son from his first year of college.  

Go wolfpack!!

Richard

Looks good.  Glad to see you chose to make the correction.

You may want to pin that axle.  Cutting it weakened an already stressed point.

Sincerely,

Mark

Looks good.  Glad to see you chose to make the correction.

You may want to pin that axle.  Cutting it weakened an already stressed point.

Sincerely,

Mark

I will do that Mark.  Thanks for the heads up.

Richard

Last update until Thursday.

Sanded the entire left side of the fuselage and some of the right side.

Then I used a tool that I got in the mail last week.

20150512_122211_zpsanvjwmwt.jpg

Then I took the time to do the rivets that I sanded down.  Took me a while but I did it.

I still have not aired the sand out of the rivets yet.

20150512_122246_zpseoq1vgho.jpg

Now I have the flare and chaff protectors in their right position:

20150512_125606_zpscxtavfij.jpg

20150512_125624_zpsnxfse1gt.jpg

And I haven't even started my diorama yet.  So much work to do before I think about priming it.

See you guys on Thursday.

Richard

Ok, one more update before I leave.

I finished the PE parts to the front of the helicopter.

Once again, I hate PE parts.  It took me a half an hour to do these parts.

20150512_135109_zpsytuh83ty.jpg

On the PE parts in the middle near the windshield, I placed two 2mm rods but the one on the left didn't come out correct and has been replaced.

20150512_135120_zpsocyo8mfz.jpg

20150512_135238_zpsrbhxepix.jpg

Then I added the refueling probe to the helicopter.

20150512_140317_zpsv1cufbyq.jpg

20150512_140811_zpsyvjaapp0.jpg

20150512_140734_zpsqokqke0f.jpg

Now I will leave it like it is and let it cure while I am away.  When I get back to the model, I will start resanding the helicopter and filling out spots and then everything else.

Richard

Wow Richard! you've gone a looong way! your build is going awesome! I'm learning so many things fro it! can't wait for the painting process

Looks great!   I know you and others hate PE, but Ill tell you it really adds to your model in the best way.  I dont think the end result of those parts would be nearly as fine if represented in IM VS PE.

Keep going, looks really good so far. :D

Looks great!   I know you and others hate PE, but Ill tell you it really adds to your model in the best way.  I dont think the end result of those parts would be nearly as fine if represented in IM VS PE.

Keep going, looks really good so far. :D

You are absolutely correct, the PE parts add detail to a model.  But I am still learning putting on PE parts with glue to where the PE parts won't have glue on them and all over the aircraft.

But I am getting a liitle bit better with PE parts, I just have to get use to them.  But thanks for looking in on my build.  I hope I am doing the DAP justice because it is my first helicopter.

Richard

Wow Richard! you've gone a looong way! your build is going awesome! I'm learning so many things fro it! can't wait for the painting process

I can't wait to START with the painting process as well.  But I have a lot of work to do on the model before I even thinking about the painting process.

But thank you for the support.  

Richard

You are absolutely correct, the PE parts add detail to a model.  But I am still learning putting on PE parts with glue to where the PE parts won't have glue on them and all over the aircraft.

But I am getting a liitle bit better with PE parts, I just have to get use to them.  But thanks for looking in on my build.  I hope I am doing the DAP justice because it is my first helicopter.

Richard

If you can ever justify the expense, THIS little gizmo is WELL worth the loot.  I dont use it ALL the time on EVERY piece of PE, but for the larger stuff that has long bend runs in them, its a godsend.

If you can ever justify the expense, THIS little gizmo is WELL worth the loot.  I dont use it ALL the time on EVERY piece of PE, but for the larger stuff that has long bend runs in them, its a godsend.

I have a PE bender and it almost looks like the one in the picture.  It not the bending, it is the gluing.  I always add too little or too much and or I place the right amount of CA and I put it in the wrong position.  Stuff like that.  lol   

But they are their worth in gold.

Richard

A little far ahead of myself.  

I started my diorama.  I put plaster of paris all over the diorama in the way that I wanted the terrain to look.

I still have not started sanding the plaster, but that will happen next.

20150514_172548_zpsk11idncr.jpg

If you look at this picture, you can see where I want the road positioned.

20150514_172638_zpsnjjj2wp5.jpg

I taped the border of the base so when the sanding and putting on the sand etc is done, it won't be on the base.  and I picked the base up from Michales for about $8.

Also:
I started my collections of Vallejo paints (about 38 bottles so far) and I started messing with them on old pilots that I have in my stash.
Watching a lot of you tube from Michigan Soldier Company about painting with Vallejo on 1/35 scale figures.   
I hope I can make them look decent.

20150514_141834_zpsrzghw2pi.jpg

more updates later.

Richard