Academy UH-60L DAP Black Hawk

Elboogie

One question.

The Disco ball.  When the helicopter is on and all started up ready to take off, does the disco light turn on and turn a brighter color, or does it stay the same color through out the flight?

Richard

I was checking out your work on my phone. It looked different :hmmm:

Cheers

I think I know what you are looking at.  The right shoulder of the soldier looks too low.  I looked at it from different angles.  When I look at the right shoulder and tried to attach it, it was in the right position, but there was a wide gap between the arm and the torso.  But as I do more figures, (this is my 2nd) I will become better with molding the part that was missing.  At least that is my hope.  lol

Richard

Rich,

I usually ask my wife to check on my painting, sometimes a fresh set of eyes help.

Oliver

Yeah, the problem with my wife is that she is usually correct.  lol

But yes a fresh set of eyes do help.

Richard

So I added the lights to the step sponsor.

But I got a message from Erick stating that the lights on the step sponsor should only be painted half way.  The rest of the lights should represent the color of the Helicopter.  Thanks for that important info Erick.

Left side of the step sponsor with a red light.

gear_zpsqxqgaxg1.jpg

Rightt side of the step sponsor with a blue/green light.

DSC_8351_zpsear3gesf.jpg

So I did the same with my helicopter.

The Nato Black is still wet in the picture.

20150527_145427_zpsmmvvl214.jpg

20150527_145443_zpszvxpheqe.jpg

Thank you Gino and Erick for keeping my head straight and keeping up with the parts that I did not paint yet or forgot to paint.   lol

Richard

The ammo for the chain gun looks almost brown colored.  It must be the extreme light that I have on that picture.

But the ammo is painted MM Gun Metal with a silver dry brushing.  I looked at the picture of the step sponsor and I thought the ammo looked strange in that light.

Richard

Weapons:

I have included the miniguns, the M230 Chain Gun (repainted the ammo to the chain gun) and  rocket launcher to the model.  

Now that I added the guns to the helicopter, now it looks like a helicopter that you don't want to mess with!!   :evil_laugh:  

Now in the pictures that I am about to post, I made the ammo sleeves that goes to the miniguns, Olive Drab.

Now forgive me for painting the ammo sleeve to the miniguns Olive Drab, but I wanted to break up the overall color of the helicopter.  Plus I did my research and I found a minigun on a Black Hawk with the ammo sleeve looking olive drab.

minigun_zpssq9hczlb.jpg

So here we go.

20150527_163037_zpskn5pbdxc.jpg

20150527_162842_zpsl0iqidlp.jpg

20150527_162804_zpss7kamscy.jpg

Right Side:

20150527_162909_zpszezdaafd.jpg

20150527_162915_zps7l07c32y.jpg

On your six:

20150527_162941_zpsjdov5s7p.jpg

Now I know that I made mistakes of not connecting the ammo to the miniguns in their place, but I had problems with the ammo and placing that in the helicopter as well.

I attached the minigun ammo to the side of the minigun because I didn't have a choice, but yes I know that there are not placed correctly.

Richard

And here I was thinking that my helicopter was done.

NOT.

I looked all over Michaels art store, on Amazon, ebay, etc for some iridescent paper.  On amazon they have 3 rolls of it for $29.99 but I don't need 3 rolls.

So while looking, I was looking over my stash and I remember that I have a OH-58D that has iridescent paper in it.

So I pulled the paper out of my OH-58D kit and I used my punch and die set to cut a circle.

20150527_192300_zpshwtpawcx.jpg

20150527_192309_zps5wqeea3b.jpg

Then I attached it to the FLIR turret:

20150527_192016_zpsvpc9y0hd.jpg

20150527_192025_zps4ohhaera.jpg

20150527_191746_zpsun7z502k.jpg

The last thing, I think, that I have to do is the plume detectors (clear part) and I almost forgot this part, the wench.

Then I think that I will be done with the helicopter but I still have to do on the diorama.  If you guys look at my model and see that I am missing something, (to paint), please let me know.

Richard

Nice work Richard!

Kev

Thanks Kevin.  My first helicopter build is almost done and I will admit, even though I made a LOT of mistakes, I think it looks good.

Richard

Alright, I finished the clear parts that go to the plume detectors in the front and the ones that goes on the back of the tail.  (You guys know what I mean.  lol)

Now I could not duplicate these clear parts to match their picture on the real deal.  So I followed what I could see.  Now because of the indents on the clear parts, I could not do a 

complete circle without messing something up.  So I followed what I saw and painted the outer ring the color of the aircraft which is Nato Black.

Then I did the indents aluminum and the gold.  I don't know if that is correct, probably isn't, but I did what I could duplicate on such a small part.

20150527_232740_zpslw7ogjzw.jpg

Richard

As you guys can see by the time, I am on a three week vacation.

My son is back from school so I just wanted to take some time off.

So I added the clear parts to the plume detectors and the tail section:

20150528_012826_zpsblynkfce.jpg

20150528_012927_zpsfgqloncq.jpg

20150528_013122_zpsll0rxgi9.jpg

Now I have to add the antenna that goes on the tail section and of course my rotor.

I got the string from Family Music Center, so I will add the wires to the rotor blade secftion.

RIchard