RAM Models Supermarine Spitfire MK.IX MH434 In Civil Service

Martin @ RAM Models

Possibly the most famous Spitfire in the world ? Many believe so. Spitfire MH434 is a legend having seen active service in WW2 and has been a regular on the airshow circuit and on film & TV. This sheet includes full markings to model MH434 in her most well know civil scheme. The decals are designed around the Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire & are printed by Fantasy Printshop. This is the first of our sheets to feature MH434 with more planned for release shortly.

Available to purchase from us at www.rammodels.co.uk

RAM32002Cover.jpgRAM32002Ins.jpgRAM32002Decals.jpg

Hubert possibly the best comment I have ever read in relation to one of our products. Thank you for making me and my wife laugh so much this morning. 

Thank you Mike for the comments as well. A tricky line to balance what I personally would want to build with what the market place wants. The Spit decals have been surprisingly popular tbh. Hopefully our planned products will also impress as well. 

Edited by Martin @ RAM Models

TBH Martin, your sheet prompted me to go looking for available Tamiya Spitfires IX. I could not find any in Europe at a price I am ready to accept for an IM Spitfire (knowing I have spent a lot more than that on esoteric subjects in resin). I have fourn one on HLJ at a good price - 7 480 JPY, i.e. around 60 € - but it is currently OoS...

Oh well, I will resist temptation for the time being, and my soul will remain untainted, but that is probably just a delay ...

Keep issuing nice deco subjects for middle-of-the-road kits; I am sure I will become a customer of you sooner or later ...

Hubert

It's on the list as a possible scheme to do but............I can't say when. There are other sheets I would like to do first.

We are well on the way with the artwork of this one focussing on MH434. 

Titled "Supermarine Spitfire MK.IX MH434 On Film And TV" it is printed to our normal high standards and features the following markings.

MH434 wearing spurious serial N3310 and codes AI A, used for filming United Artists "Battle Of Britain" Film, 1969

MH434 wearing NS L codes used during filming of the ITV Television series "Piece Of Cake" , 1988

MH434 wearing spurious CK D codes. Used for filming BBC ITV programme "A Perfect Hero". 1991

MH434 wearing spurious codes WO A. Used for filming the BBC TV programme "Over Here". 1996

Spit%20Header.jpgPage1.jpg

Possibly the most famous Spitfire in the world ? Many believe so. Spitfire MH434 is a legend having seen active service in WW2 and has been a regular on the airshow circuit and on film & TV. This sheet includes full markings to model MH434 in her most well know civil scheme. The decals are designed around the Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire & are printed by Fantasy Printshop. This is the first of our sheets to feature MH434 with more planned for release shortly.

Available to purchase from us at www.rammodels.co.uk

RAM32002Cover.jpgRAM32002Ins.jpgRAM32002Decals.jpg

OHHHHHHHH PRETTY BIRDY!!!!     Ive not seen that scheme before..................QUITE lovely indeed!!!

Are you based in Coventry Martin?

I'm sat here typing this not far from the airport, hoping to see something interesting fly over!

I am indeed based in Coventry. Are you local as well ? 

Presently keeping my fingers crossed that the weather is ok for the air show tomorrow. Taking the kids to their first display.  :thumbsup:

. Taking the kids to their first display.  :thumbsup:

That was how my life long love of aviation started...........................dad took me to my first air show at Offut AFB here in Omaha...................also my first and last experience of seeing live Vulcan do a complete 360 roll right off of takoff..................needless to say I was hooded from that moment on.

It is indeed Skippers aircraft. I think you need to do one

Hmmm.. Well, I do have two Revell Mk. I/IIs plus Barracuda goodies in the stash. Well, Skipper's Bird was supposed to be the earlier plane, wasn't she?  :) :) :)

As an aside, Robert Shaw was one of my favorite actors growing up. He was super in Swashbuckler, I mean over the top, and you could tell he loved every minute of it. Genevieve Bujold wasn't bad, either, but for a totally different reason. :thumbsup: