Roden Airco DH2

AndersN

STEAMPUNK!!!!

Now where will I fit the chimneys???? No, seriously this is what would've happened if the sveedes produced this under licence: add a little weight and replace the engine with a less powerful one.

The nightmare has begun. Thank you, Mr Director/Writer/Producer/Camera guy/Cutter of the best movie of all time, for splendid rigging diagrams. Roden instructions always leave a Bad Taste in my mouth...

DSCN5646.jpg

Ahem...that's the nightmare...look closely and you shall see that the outer left wing is already rigged :) and yes it'll be completely rigged with "brass" wire.

Have you a plan to get them "brass"?   Depending on what material you've used for the rigging, some rigging material can be colored with paint pens/fabric dye pens/metallic paint markers.

I use a knitting-in elastic. Usually I just darken it with a wash. Now I have to find a paint that doesn't ruin it and perhaps a pen does the job. We shall see.

Btw, just had a look at your WNW DH2...beautiful work!

The Prym stuff is really great IMHO.

Try some dye...............I used the fabric pen kind, as it has a chisel tip to it, and the rigging can easily be touched up after the fact...................takes to color great before rigging.