Revell Spit Mk.II and the Monforton Mk. IX-XVI book

thierry laurent

Hi,

As I was looking yesterday evening for the dimensions of some radio elements in the Monforton book because they were standard items for late Spits, I found two other interesting things in the book:

1. The "oddly-shaped" seat back cushion found in the Revell Spit Mk.II may be found on various pictures of the Mk.IX seats found in this book...! So, this was possibly a later seat feature that was finally used in restored airframes as well.

2. As the initial Mk.IX were built from some Mk.V airframes and such airframes had still the dome rivet on the rear fuselage (standard on the early Spits), the book has a plan of all the dome rivet lines. So, this may be really useful for the people willing to replicate correctly the lines on the Revell Mk.II kit.

HTH

Thierry

I am a big fan of the Monforton book. I have an electronic copy that I am using to assist me in my Mk XVI build. I would dare say it would be nearly indispensable in building a Mk IX or XVI but of great help to other versions as well. I wish I could afford a hard copy as it is one book that deserves to be held!

Regards,