HGW seatbelts: am I missing something?

mozart

So a couple of weeks ago I ordered some HGW seat belts for my WnW Sopwith Pup (code 13058) but I haven't looked at them till today.  This is what's in the sealed package:

DSCN7414_zpszgckd5yt.jpg

Is that it.....am I missing the seatbelts or is that what that piece of paper is on the front above the PE?  I can't understand the instructions if that's all there is!

Max the Confused (and possibly disappointed) :(

Indeed, Max, HGW belts are typically made of paper belts and photoetched buckles. In the most recent sets, the paper belts are laser cut whereas for the older ones, you must cut them yourself with scissors. I do not own such a set but I have comparable ones from them.

Looking at the picture, you have everything to make the belts. Note that often they give you two identical parts where you only need one and they also commonly add sections of colored paper. So, you have spares in case of problem.

Hth

Thierry

It looks, that parts 2 and 3 are mislabeled in instructions.

Yes.

Correct instructions can be downloaded from HGW's website.

You also need to scrunch up the belts after cutting, as otherwise they can have the flat, PE-ish look to them.

Thanks James, I've had a closer look and you're right, it isn't paper......but on the other hand there's no backing sheet. I'll try the crumpling idea once I've cut them out.

Max

Stick with them, Max. Once you've worked out how to use them, you'll never go back to using PE for seat belts.

There's a brief 'How To' about halfway down this page: http://www.scalespot.com/onthebench/p51tamiya/build.htm - I find it's best to use a small amount of White Glue to stick the belts to the seat.

And here's a pic of my recently completed 1/24 Ferrari 458 GT3 with HGW belts.

11112901_10152732089317050_4325222875187