1/32 SR-71 by Combat models (RCM)

Lee White

Lee, it sure looks basic in the most basic sence, but though i'm not able to help you with the problem at hand, i just know this will be a challenge that eventually might be very satisfactory, good luck and foremost have fun with the build.

looking forward to any progress,

regards,

Jack.

Thanks, Jack!!

I won't be starting this quite yet, as I am building a 1/32 Mirage IV over on the Britmodeller "French Fancy" GB, and won't do much modeling other than that until it is done- I really would like to finish a GB that I've entered, and my completion rate is abysmal. I mean, truly awful. So, I have committed myself to that, and not allow myself to be distracted by other kits. At least not too much. :innocent:

Oh yeah, i know what you're talking about, same here, but on the SR71 issue, i remembered i have this book on "miniature wings", model aircraft of the National Air and Space Museum, and it presents a 1/32 scale SR71, scratchbuilt (i think) by Mark Young and displaying these corrugations on top of the wing:

img491_zpsjmo7cafl.jpg

Now, maybe this is a bit "simplistic", but isn't it possible to have this replicated by using styrene strips glued on top of the wing, and then ofcourse sand them down to correct dimensions?

Just my two pennies,

J.

Thanks, Jack!!

I won't be starting this quite yet, as I am building a 1/32 Mirage IV over on the Britmodeller "French Fancy" GB,...

1/32 Mirage IV - Now you have my attention! (it is one of my favourite aircraft). Scratch built? - Do you have a link?

Derek

Oh yeah, i know what you're talking about, same here, but on the SR71 issue, i remembered i have this book on "miniature wings", model aircraft of the National Air and Space Museum, and it presents a 1/32 scale SR71, scratchbuilt (i think) by Mark Young and displaying these corrugations on top of the wing:

img491_zpsjmo7cafl.jpg

Now, maybe this is a bit "simplistic", but isn't it possible to have this replicated by using styrene strips glued on top of the wing, and then ofcourse sand them down to correct dimensions?

Just my two pennies,

J.

Thank you, Jack- That is a very interesting approach to the problem.  I know that I could replicate that with a bunch of styrene and some quality time with my Northwest Short Line Chopper... Thanks for the idea!