Looking for input on a new decal sheet

Dave Roof

Gentlemen,

I started drawing the artwork for sheet FL32004 Devil Dog Deltas Part III and would like your opinions.

If it only contained this single option, would you want it or would you prefer a second or third option be provided? As it is, the markings for this aircraft will take up two 8.5 x 11 inch sheets. However, I may be able to squeeze in 1 or 2 lo-viz airframes from the same, or a different squadron.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dave

_F5Q1987_zpsptghreq2.jpg

Dave, since you asked either way, personally I wouldn't want it. But I'm in the minority in preferring plain line schemes over fancy CO schemes like that.

How about adding plain -332 or -242 schemes from OIF? Or a Desert Storm -121? I'd be interested in any of those.

Not D related but I really want your 1/48 -451 Desert Storm decals upped to 1/32 (much better than the old SuperScale sheet offering)

Steve

Steve,

Funny you should mention 451......they're on the next 32nd release! Actually, I may replace one of the 121 OIF options on sheet 32003 with a 121 option from ODS!

Excellent x 2 - I hope the 1/32 451 sheet includes VM06 and not only the brighter VM11. I will definitely buy that sheet for that scheme.

Also great to hear 121 Desert Storm is a possibility. It seems that period is overlooked nowadays.

Looking forward to those

Excellent x 2 - I hope the 1/32 451 sheet includes VM06 and not only the brighter VM11. I will definitely buy that sheet for that scheme.

Also great to hear 121 Desert Storm is a possibility. It seems that period is overlooked nowadays.

Looking forward to those

I feel like it's worse in 1/32 just because there aren't as many options, but even in 1/48, ODS feels really overlooked. It's like, unless it was that aircraft's last hurrah (A-6, A-7...) you're more or less SOL. 

Personally it's one of the reasons I really hope Academy carries its F-4s into the E and especially the G. Believe it or not, there are no (obtainable) ODS F-4G decals. AirDocs ran one a while back, but you never see them for sale.

And honestly, even though I've sworn off 1/32 for jets, a good 121 sheet would probably be the only thing that could make me reconsider a big Hornet.

Dave, as I have purchased most of your 1/32 done to day I will say add extra option. At times, its hard to buy sheets that only cover one jet. I feel with other choices (it can be same sq.) I get more bang for the buck because I can reuse the same sheet. Either way, I'll most likely buy it because I love those marking on that jet. ;)

Edited by Youngtiger1

I'll buy the sheet, even though I would never build a Delta in that wild ass scheme, just to support the 32nd scale decal makers. What I like is the most modern, up to date line jets, maybe a CO's jet with a little color, but that's about it. ODS, way past it's time for me.

Chuck

Dave, as I have purchased most of your 1/32 done to day I will say add extra option. At times, its hard to buy sheets that only cover one jet. I feel with other choices (it can be same sq.) I get more bang for the buck because I can reuse the same sheet. Either way, I'll most likely buy it because I love those marking on that jet. ;)

I'm in Dave,   I also second Youngtiger.    I will also hold on to my Delta to for this set :hmmm:

• 2 months later...