1/24 Airfix Spitfire

Sparzanza

Like this a lot. 

Thank you Gerhard. :)

Looks good so far. Its always a big huge PITA when it comes to dealing with kits that not only may not fit well, but also have warping issues. 

Thanks Brian. Indeed - and the warping is noticable in a couple of spots. But at least the window bits seem to have lined up very well so far. Worst spots are a couple of panel lines not lining up perfectly where I had to... improvise slightly with the scribe tool.

Still, could be a lot worse! I'm enjoying myself, mostly. :)

Masked off the canopy and painted the Humbrol 78 cockpit green with a sponge, because honestly anything airbrush related nowadays is a chore. It takes so much effort to get the airbrush working, and even more effort to get it cleaned up afterwards - so I'm dabbing the paint on with a sponge for many tasks I would normally spraypaint. The airbrush is definitely on its last legs. Anyway.

The gaps are a bit more apparent now. These will be masked off and then filled with Tamiya White Putty.

vsdaRYg.jpg

UpLda94.jpg

ahRwDXC.jpg

Shot some Humbrol 90 today - fresh jar. It looked waaaaay too green to me. Like "almost hurting my eyes" kind of green. So I mixed in some 64 light grey. Should have put some 34 white in as well I reckon, as the color is looking rather funny at the moment.

No matter. The paintjob revealed another couple of tiny spots in need of refilling. So the second coat will have some white in it as well.

qRZpPtH.jpg

nz1kwVA.jpg

y0YVtIp.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Sparz

Nice to see you back on the Spit ... Canopy is looking good with the gaps filled in.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Sparz

Nice work on the Spit’s underside; paint work looks real good

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter!

I'm going to need a little help please, fellas... I need to find a picture of the decal instruction sheet for Airfix A12001. the KL-B markings with a Kiwi bird on its side. I googled for them, obviously... but for some reason the results were extremely lacking. I even dug up the 1999 co jp website as they tend to have lots of pictures of instructions and whatnot, but even there I came out empty.

Anyone have this kit in their stash and can scan/photograph the decal instructions for me please?