1:18 LLRV 1964

crackerjazz

Starfighter, thanks!   :)  Hi, Harvey, Out2gtcha --  I'll have some stuff printed out soon. I'll try to scratchbuild what I can, though, in order to save on printing cost and because printed parts tend to have grow lines even on flat panels and have limitations on printable details.  

Hi BiggTim -- here's the UMM link for the punch and die sets.  I'm not sure if they'll work for thin brass --  it might dull the punches faster, but I do remember reading about someone using it for punching out coke cans for making an instrument panel for a Harrier build.   The round ones are a bit tricky to use;  the acrylic-topped rectangular ones have that "see-through" advantage to make hole alignment easier.

http://umm-usa.com/onlinestore/index.php?cPath=21_145

Edited by crackerjazz

Hi Kevin, thanks.  When I ordered the rectangular punch and die set, this one arrived.  I didn't bother to return it but I kind of regret that.  The rectangular one has more room and has a transparent top to make it easier to align the subject.

I totally agree, I have the exact same one and I hate it. It's really only good for making circles in "waste" material, not for punching strategic holes in shaped pieces as you can't get the material in very far. The only advantage it has I suppose is the variety of sizes you can make with it, but otherwise I would go for one with a clear top any day!

Crackerjazz, I only just actually looked into what this build was all about and I'm extremely glad I have! Ultra-impressive work here mate, I do love that turbine wheel you've fashioned... I don't supposed you'd mind sharing how you got it to be so perfect? I really like the 3D modelling you've done here too... highly inspirational! 

Can't wait to see where this will go

Craig

Thanks, Maru5137 :)   Hi Craig, thanks! for the turbine blades I printed one on a piece of paper and stuck it onto styrene with some spray glue.  I made cuts in between the blades then peeled off the paper.   And then one by one twisted each blade from the base using tweezers. 

5SPG5cN.jpg

yoWqXxp.jpg

E7nheco.jpg

rOrQMkn.jpg

r4pYI5g.jpg

nZ3i56L.jpg

lSaesn8.jpg

5d7GaXM.jpg

O4GI7fA.jpg