OV-10A Bronco Decals - Black Ponies, and more

ziggyfoos

This sheet mainly covers the Black Ponies (VAL-4) but also includes two options (same aircraft) from VS-41 who were related to VAL-4 as they handled the crew/personnel training. Also included is one VMO-6 aircraft as their aircraft appeared in Vietnam. Similar to the previous AOA A-6 offering, FULL airframe stenciling will be also included for one Bronco.

This sheet will also be released in 1/72 at the same time (1/72 will have one additional scheme - 1971 VMO-6)

The 1/32 allows 21 marking choices:

• 1 option for VMO-6 “Cherry Six†at Quang Tri, South Vietnam (1969) 
  • 2 options (1 aircraft) for VS-41 Shamrocks at Naval Air Station (NAS) North Island, California USA (1969 & 1971) 
  • 18 options (11 aircraft) for VAL-4 Black Ponies at Vung Tau and Binh Thuy, South Vietnam (1969-72)

Also includes VAL-4 and VS-41 crew helmets decals and VAL-4 sharkmouths (early/late)

Price is TBD. Expected to be available early/mid May.

www.AOAdecals.com

(Click image for larger view)

COVER-32004.jpg

32004d.jpg

32005.jpg

34004-1.jpg

34004-2.jpg

34004-3.jpg

34004-4.jpg

Edited by ziggyfoos

The shark mouth is for Black Pony fuel tank and/or Mk.4 gunpod.

You can see one in the background on the cover photo. I've only seen some early ones with the blue mouth, more commonone seem to be the black. I included both though.

I really wanted to include more of the "intermediate" scheme options, the ones from early/mid 1971 that had the gold prop spinners and plane names in white and the red disk tail markings. I couldn't get clear photos of crew names since it was black on green other than 104, so unfortunately that is the sole example includef for that period.

Look at the small bu no (155496) on UM-114. It dont correspond with the large tailnumber on top of the tail 55494?? Is it just a print error?

ya that's a cut/paste error in the profiles, the decals are correct. Thanks, I'll correct the image.

I've sent a revised/corrected file to Cartograf and removed the green on the VS-41 schemes. Looking more at various photos it is clear that the clovers weren't the green as I initially showed (or as usually depicted), unfortunately I didn't spend enough time researching the VS-41 aircraft as I should've and missed seeing what was right there, I instead primarily focused on my main interest (VAL-4). It appears the white clover outline was the only part that was painted and the "clover" in the middle remained the camo color of the aircraft; in this case for the two schemes shown, field green and black. I could stand to be corrected but I'm much more convinced of this now than of using green.

(I'll reflect the changes on the images/profiles later)

(edit)

The profiles and decal images now show the changes made

Edited by ziggyfoos