pilot and crews figures by Reedoak

norbert

Still hesitating to order the (excellent!) US Navy carrier deck crew. What about some standing MODERN US Navy pilots? There are so many WW2 era pilots on the market but very few modern figurines. We have to use the old 35th scale Verlinden 'Top Gun' pilot since 20 years as there are almost no alternatives - it's time for a replacement! ;) 

Pilots means standing/walking and/or seated (male & female) fast jet jockeys with speed jeans and with or without JHMCS:

usa-a1.jpg

And Hawkeye/Greyhound (male & female) aircrew without speed jeans:

image.jpg

More different poses for the Navy ground crew would be great as well - loading/carrying a missile for example:

1024px-US_Navy_110201-N-8040H-328_Sailor

Checkers would be extremely interesting as well:

US_Navy_020630-N-3986D-003_Flight_deck_c

many thanks for your interest.

I'm studying female pilots for a little time. They have all "something" in their face that make them different, even in my own pictures I took here and there.

Want to reproduce that too. A mix between stress, hard work and feminity...

There will be also more deck crew, I'm slowly making the scenariis. But there will be a 3 men team around a F/A-18 cockpit (one sitting inside).

So long I have the parameters made for blackhawks, will also do one or two sitting inside a seahawk

For the pilots, it will need a good research. I found out some crews have not the same helmet in the front seat and in the back seat. A fighter crew will have these

speed jeans but not a hawkeye crew, etc...one hing at a time.

saddly, added tiny 1/72 things to the webshop

72a_zpszufzq6ow.jpg

next to come should be blackhawk seated pilots

Norbert

Nope! No good at all.

WNW  figures have the correct flying suits all right, like a little kid dressed in his snowsuit ready to go out and play in the snow. But none of the figures are seated. Damn but those are good looking flying suits from those days! Well done!  BUT, until they appear as seated pilots with arms that can be glued in various positions I will continue to be unimpressed. In terms of standing figures we can use some observers standing and looking down while operating the cameras or holding a light bomb over the side ready to drop it. ALSO, standing pilots standing in the cockpit while trying to change the magazine on the wing mounted Lewis gun during flight and the observer standing in the cockpit of the FE-2 while facing backwards and aiming the Lewis gun that is mounted between him and the pilot  would be excellent.

I do not see the point of making our displays as dull and stupefying as a museum exhibit.

Stephen

P.S. My apologies to good museums everywhere. I have spend lots of time in the better museums where the exhibits are scenes (behind glass) where figures are posed as if they were doing something in their original environment. That is a lot more interesting than a bunch of stuff sitting on glass shelves.

Edited by ssculptor

Would really love to see these figures in my stash. We really need some ground crew figures, from the current conflicts and especially from Vietnam.

How about a figure of Harv loading some stores on a Phantom!!!!

Mike

I agree more ground crew I'd especially like British modern as there are none available at the moment. Would be great for a diorama.

Wings do some just as you describe Stephen   https://www.facebook.com/WingsCockpitFigures?fref=ts

Yes and they look very good. WNW does not do things half way.

Unfortunately, that have only WW2 seated pilot figures as of yet.

I really would like to see their skill and artistry in WW1 aviation seated figures.

I am a sculptor and could make my own figures, but the problem is I detest working in figures that small. Painting them is hard enough but sculpting in that small scale is a real chore.

An easier method would be to take articulated 1/6 scale figures (G.I. Joes) and remake then in costume in the poses I want. Then just scale the digital figures down and reproduce them in 1/32 scale through 3-D printing. The only problem there is the cost of the hardware and software.

So I just sit on my fat butt and wish for some manufacturer to do it all for me. :please:

Stephen

Edited by ssculptor

• 3 weeks later...