looking forward to this one....

Jack

What is the key difference between the HC.2 and HU.5 ?

I'd be very interested in building an Air Sea Rescue Wessex variant in either RAF Canary yellow or FAA dark grey / dayglo

Tony

So here I am, having spent a whole weekend trying to put some HGW a belts together for my Revell Ar 196 and wishing I had stuck with armour modelling and vowing never to buy another 1/32 aircraft model as long as I live. And what happens? You post the Wessex from Fly! Now that's not fair, I've already got their lovely Arado Ar 234, I know their quality is good and I will HAVE to buy this one! Not fair! Not fair! And of course it has a gazillion seat belts and strops. Aargh!

On the serious side, I for one will be buying one, so is there a clue as to availability yet?

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

whooah Bruce, you'll get over it, i'm sure :frantic: , and indeed the AR234 is very nice, so i also have great expectations for this one, and i got the info from a dutch modeling site saying it is to be expected, according to some in april/may.

That being said i sure hope they (Fly) will release a Choctaw as well sometime in the future.

J.

Edited by Jack

Hi Jack,

That early? Wow, I really must get some pennies into the bank! I can see that if Fly are clever and do the nose as separate pieces from the main fuselage they could squeeze out some other versions easily. I can also see some of their simply gorgeous resin in the cockpit and load bay and knowing them I'd say the rotor heads too. Lots of definition that way. Fly's pricing is good too, so bring it on!

I think it will be a big seller too, the main reason we don't all build choppers is there aren't that many decent kits out there. Wonder if they will do it with some civvy markings?

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

What is the key difference between the HC.2 and HU.5 ?

I'd be very interested in building an Air Sea Rescue Wessex variant in either RAF Canary yellow or FAA dark grey / dayglo

Tony

I think it's the side window shape, for the RAF SAR you need the HC.2, Royal Navy, the HU.5.

http://www.aviationmegastore.com/?shopid=&action=prodinfo&parent_id=&art=128732

http://www.aviationmegastore.com/?shopid=&action=prodinfo&parent_id=&art=128733

Edited by Kagemusha

HC2 has the smaller windows horizontally, HU5 also has sonar bay fitted and normally if I remember correctly a box replacing some of the internal seating, though it is used as seating. SAR was the HC2, internally it had a rubber floor mat that extends partially up the walls to protect the structure from salt.

Ex HC2 engineer :)