modern helmets

strez

Verlinden did some with their Top Gun pilot, Also 1/35 AH-1 W cobra set. Master Casters did one for the High altitude USSR. Master details does pilots to 

Ask Harold here on the boards He may want to make some for us :innocent:

https://www.verlindenonline.com/1-35-cobra-ah-1-w-detail-set-1795.html  ( on the open gun bay )

http://masterdetails.com/

On the MERs  Cutting Edge did a set. Some others where to come out from other manufactures. But never saw them. Tamiya has some in their F-15E. Also Trumpeter does them but they aren't very great. See A-7, F-8, A-6, kits :hmmm:

Cheers

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4

I always rated Tamiya F-4 MERs as the best but I've been reliably informed that the beams are too chunky and the Trumpeter ones found in many of their kits are very good for 1960s-1970s subjects.

Also looking for little plastic people dressed in the right gear, but in my case 1/32 seated 1970s era RAF/FAA aircrew figures.

Please John Wilkes, sculpt a seated version of your excellent standing figure with multipose head/arms - and he can lose the moustache.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Unfortunately, the Trumpeter MERs are completely useless... I started correcting one as well as a TER some years ago to make a master and finally stopped as I was really fed up in spite of the fact more than 80% of the work was done! The Tamiya ones are far more closer to the real ones. BTW, the main dimensions of the Cutting Edge ones were not far from the Tamiya ones.

So, currently, the only option if the sprue from the Tamiya Phantom (the F-15E has another type of launcher that was never commonly used).

HTH

Thierry

Academy 1/32 F16 and F18 include very fine modern helmets.  Tamiya"s 1/32 F16 kits are also a good source for helmets they even have the late style oxygen masks with the tube coming out of the side.

as for the MER tamiya and some of your fine tuning stuff is going to be the only route for now.....

HTH

Cheers

Fred

Edited by stusbke

Hi Tony,

Unfortunately, the Trumpeter MERs are completely useless... I started correcting one as well as a TER some years ago to make a master and finally stopped as I was really fed up in spite of the fact more than 80% of the work was done! The Tamiya ones are far more closer to the real ones. BTW, the main dimensions of the Cutting Edge ones were not far from the Tamiya ones.

So, currently, the only option if the sprue from the Tamiya Phantom (the F-15E has another type of launcher that was never commonly used).

HTH

Thierry

Thierry, the Tamiya MER beams are over scale - much too chunky. Don Logan pointed this out to me some time ago (after I'd happily discarded loads of Trumpeter racks and hoarded Tamiya ones!). Yes, the Strike Eagle BRUs are unique to that type.

I'm going to use Tamiya MER & TER racks myself (starting with the two SLUFs underway) simply because of the quality mouldings and the fact that the beams are largely hidden once there's a load of six or flat- or slant-four stores attached.

Still in need of seated, posable 1/32 RAF/FAA aircrew figures from the period roughly 1970-1985. In fact, I'd settle for new heads/bone domes to plonk on Tamiya or Academy figures.

Tony

Still in need of seated, posable 1/32 RAF/FAA aircrew figures from the period roughly 1970-1985. In fact, I'd settle for new heads/bone domes to plonk on Tamiya or Academy figures.

Tony

Didn't REHEAT make some  RAF 1980 era