Mig 15bis, Capt. Goncharov, 1953

blackbetty

• 7 months later...
Guest Peterpools

Karl

Can't believe I'm so late to the end of the party. Went back to page one and followed all your hard work and I tip my hat to both your skills and determination.

One terrific looking Mig

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter

he asked what the greymatter tail improoves over the kit part. the shape is completely different

03_zpsc0m3nn1m.jpg

Thanks for this, it explains a lot. I had debated whether the GM tail was worthwhile, now I can clearly see that it is.

"Thanks for this, it explains a lot. I had debated whether the GM tail was worthwhile, now I can clearly see that it is."

As are the GM wing fences for the kit.  The kit wing fences are too thick - an obvious error to note.  But they also do not extend far enough to the front edge of the wing.  One needs to either extend the existing fences or remove them and substitute scratchbuilt or a GM wing fence set.

Edited by amurray

"Thanks for this, it explains a lot. I had debated whether the GM tail was worthwhile, now I can clearly see that it is."

As are the GM wing fences for the kit.  The kit wing fences are too thick - an obvious error to note.  But they also do not extend far enough to the front edge of the wing.  One needs to either extend the existing fences or remove them and substitute scratchbuilt or a GM wing fence set.

True dat....Harv