Need to see a new 1:32nd F6F Hellcat and SB2C Helldiver

LSP Dan

I seriously hope Tamiya will bring out a new one of each of these before I can retire!! The 2 new Corsairs are awesome! I am trying to build all of the a/c that were on my Dads ship USS Bunker Hill CV-17. Have the Trumpeter F4U-4, TBF & TBM Avengers, these along with the new Corsairs fill the majority of the compliment. Just need Better quality F6F-3 & F6F-5 kits and new tool SB2C-1 & SB2C-4 variants and I'm good! Anyone with me on this?

I seriously hope Tamiya will bring out a new one of each of these before I can retire!! The 2 new Corsairs are awesome! I am trying to build all of the a/c that were on my Dads ship USS Bunker Hill CV-17. Have the Trumpeter F4U-4, TBF & TBM Avengers, these along with the new Corsairs fill the majority of the compliment. Just need Better quality F6F-3 & F6F-5 kits and new tool SB2C-1 & SB2C-4 variants and I'm good! Anyone with me on this?

Yep with you all the way....both iconic aircraft that deserve to be done and done right.

I would not be surprised to see that the next Tamiya WW2 airplane kit is the Hellcat...! Indeed, the market situation is comparable to the Corsair one and the engine sprues may be recycled... Wait and see.

I agree we really do need a new Hellcat, and i would love for Tamiya to do one. However, i'm not sure it would sell as well as the Corsair; the plane has a more limited appeal, fewer air forces having flown the Hellcat than the Corsair.

Having said that, for a naval aviation subject the F4U exceeded everybody's expectations in terms of sales. One friend of mine said the plane had too limited an appeal compared to the P-51. So, never say never.

Agreed that we could use a 32nd scale "Beast"; it's really the last missing link in a 32nd scale lineup of Naval Aviation subjects (TBD and SB2U not withstanding). My only hope is that whoever makes it does an original research effort, so we don't get a scaled up mess resembling the 72nd scale CyberHobby Kit.

Yeah- I'm a snob.

david

My gut says that there are a few subjects that sport black and white crosses on them with a much broader following that Tamiya would concentrate on before a Hellcat.  They haven't even done the subject in 1/48. I would be absolutely floored to see one announced by them.