paul fisher

Bugatti 100P kit done in 1/24

I am finally finished with the beautiful 1/24 Bugatti 100P record 'plane kit, we are in production now and will be shipping the first kits in about a month. I am writing the instruction manual and doing a pair of builds now.

Hope to do some more 1/24th subjects in the next few years, it really is a great scale for the smaller racing and record aircraft as it allows for more detail.

Best, 

Paul

Test%20build%20F_zps8cxixq7t.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Paul

Absolutely beautiful. Now a Pitts in 24th scale ... ... :please:

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Paul

Any hints :please:

Peter

She's a beauty, Paul !

I really love racers and Schneider trophy seaplanes. However, i have to say that i prefer to keep 1/32 scale for my model (in order to have a bit of unity in my display).

I am really conflicted in this, with too many 1/32 racers already on my shelf. On the other hand, if Paul builds these, they will be of such quality that we just can't resist (it would be "futile" in the Borg sense). I have no will power, so this one is on my list.

It seems an awful lot like history repeating itself, with the WNW effect turning into the Fisher effect. The first one made me sell all my 1/48 stash. What will this one do? It makes me think of all those instruments that might actually become readable, and all those nice details that were just beneath the realizable limit in 1/32 scale. Way too much fun.

Tnarg

I will definitly be in line for this kit.  Some ideas for race planes, Sopwith Tabloid, Laird Super Solution, Curtiss R3-C2, Howard Pete, Mike, Ike, and Mr Mulligan, Cessna CR-3, any of Steve Wittman's and Art Chester's aircraft, Miss Los Angeles. I would buy a couple of all of these.

I will definitly be in line for this kit.  Some ideas for race planes, Sopwith Tabloid, Laird Super Solution, Curtiss R3-C2, Howard Pete, Mike, Ike, and Mr Mulligan, Cessna CR-3, any of Steve Wittman's and Art Chester's aircraft, Miss Los Angeles. I would buy a couple of all of these.

Those are great suggestions either for 1/24 or 1/32 scale. If you do the Schneiders, we will build them. Please don't forget the iconic Gee Bees and the rest done by Williams Brothers in 1/32, assuming you move up to 1/24 scale (Wedell Williams, Caudron, Bulldog, even just the Laird Solution, not Super). You could go on for years with that line.

The 1/32 scale kits of 30's racers are available, and buildable, but not superb, like Fisher kits have proven to be. I can see the wisdom in moving up to 1/24 scale for the racers, because you don't go head to head with the smaller scale versions and can do amazing things in the cockpits and engines. I guess that means I could put a car model next to them as well, which could be easier in 1/24 scale than in 1/32.

I believe that a line of resin kits was made in Japan several years ago in 1/24 scale, but I have never seen them in person. I saw them advertised in a Japanese magazine format book on air racing. They might be the only other ones in your same scale.

On the other hand, I still want a 1/32 Shrike (A-8 and A-12)... please sir could we have some more?

Tnarg