My new project - 1/32 Mirage F1

Loic

Hi all!!

Well, my skyraider project being almost done despite 2 weeks doing nothing lately as I was skying close to Swiss border :)  ... I guess it is time for a new project :innocent:

I have had a LOT of thinking about it since about 1 month or so due to some talking about French fighters in the LSP discussion forum, th erelease of some new Mirage III soon, etc... And I thought I need ... I mean I NEED some Mirage in my collection  ;)

Soooo, call me crazy (that's how I call myself anyway) but I am going to try SB a Mirage F1, most probably a CT "tactical fighter" (means it's a fighter that can drop bombs as well) or CR "recce fighter" (means it can shoot recce pics as well) version.

For those who are not too familiar with the Mirage family, that's the baby:

guerre-du-golfe-02%20-%20Copie_zpsv50v5t

2012ATCH_064_01_0003%20-%20Copie_zps9iho

point-de-situation-n-45-1%20-%20Copie_zp

A sharp design for a very versatile and polyvalent aircraft that has just been retired from service after over 40 years of good service  ;)

I have a few ideas but no real plan to start from to be honnest but I just feel I need to try it so any advise (or intel, etc...) is most welcome  ;)

I spent about 20 hours lately trying to find intel on the internet and feel like I can start soon... wish me luck !!

Guest Peterpools

Loic

Sure caught me by surprise but a fantastic choice for your next build. Will be following with great interest and looking forward to the start with plastic flying

Keep 'em coming

Peter

:rolleyes:Salut Loic!

Je vais suivre avec beaucoup d'intérêt ton travail....c'est mon avion préféré....avec les Mirages III

La documentation est plutôt rare! J'ai les 2 volumes de Lela Press sur le Mirage F...mais a part ca.....!

Le kit de Kitty Hawk au 1/48 est plutôt bien...tu peux peut etre le gaver d'hormone...pour en faire un au 1/32!! :rolleyes:

I will follow with great interest your futur work!...it is my favorite aircraft...with the Mirage III

Documentation is really rare...got the 2 books by Lela Press..covering the Mirage F

The Kitty hawk kit in 1/48 is good...so..maybe that can be a base for dimension calculation...or you can boost it with hormones to make it bigger..1/32! :rolleyes:

Salutations...

Loic, that's a crazy project, but i'll definitely follow it !

And the good news are that the day after you would have done it, a manufacturer will announce his own release of a F1 kit. :evil_laugh:

Edited by Zero77

Hi Loic, i like your project, and on the same subject do you think it would be possible to use specific parts of the old revell Mirage III + some heavy SB?

Thanks a lot my friends for the kind words and encouragement ;)

I am into a lot of thinking/planing so far... some areas I still have no idea how to takle them ... but that's the fun in SB isn't it  ;)

:yahoo: