MDC Retail to close

dennismcc

Bob sent me a PM about this a few days ago, and took pains to explain that MDC itself isn't going anywhere, but they're just taking the business in a slightly different, more focussed direction. To quote Bob:

The reason is we are very busy on our contracting work and our 3D print work is really taking off.

And:

...our products will be available through distributers and other sources...

So, it's not all doom and gloom!

Kev

Bob sent me a PM about this a few days ago, and took pains to explain that MDC itself isn't going anywhere, but they're just taking the business in a slightly different, more focussed direction. To quote Bob:

And:

Kev

Thank God!! ... I thought I was going to have to fork out oodles of cash next pay to grab another Typhoon, cockpit upgrades etc ...

Bob mentions in the article that the paint supplies will be heading to distributers ... but he doesn't mention correction sets and accessories ...

Will we get hit by a sharp price increase?

Will he have "exclusive product distributors" ... or can I refer Neil from Model Hobbies to him?

Rog :)

Merde! :crying:

And Ouch! from my poor wallet. This calls for adding some long-wanted MDC stuff to the stash before the items disappear for one reason or another. Remember Cammetts resin kits? Yep. OK, I have to look now how to fund an un-planned order.

- dutik

Crap, better snatch one of Radu Brinzan Arado's before they are gone. I prefer the accuracy above the cheaper Fly model.

And:

Kev

Much of Cammetts resin can be found under Mastercasters brand.

At least they'll be keeping the shop open and attending a few shows. 

Much is the emphasis. Try to get Cammetts Arado E-377. Or the maritime stuff.

And nobody knows, what the new different, more focussed direction will be. Maybe even not the people at MDC, because changes in business are always good for a surprise or two. In the best case the new business is running so well that making resin AM stuff finds no longer place in the shedule. Things happen :shrug: , but your own stash lasts forever :coolio:

- dutik

I hope he's not thinking of going into providing a bespoke service for 3D printing, I did a similar thing with CNC years ago, there are big problems on the way with doing that.

That's where I've just come from.

Graham

Edited by GrahamF

Guest Peterpools

Placed a small order this morning and hate to see them close up the retail operation; just might be more work then it's worth these days. Going through distribution seems to be a better approach to moving product and hope all works out for the best

Peter

Hi Guys

Sorry for not posting this earlier but a few things made us decide to close the on-line shop at the end of this month and things have been a bit hectic !!

Both the shop and the contract work are busy and the 3D work is going very well so not enough hours in the day, so we have decided to close the retail shop as it stands at present, the GSI Creos distribution will be transferred to another party.

We will continue with our contract work and 3D the MDC range will still be available either by a distributor or by mail or phone to the workshop (this will be PayPal only) other alternatives are being assessed at present, so you are not getting rid of me !!

Hopefully may have more time to make models than produce them.

To end on a positive note I hope to have the time to finish some projects I have been working on all LSP !!

If you want any more info please ask or PM me.

All the best

Bob

Hopefully you are not chucking all your eggs in one basket and ditching stuff that has been generating revenue, times change and the diversity is always a good backstop.

Good luck Bob with your endeavours and may they all be fruitful.

Edited by TonyT

Sorry to see your retail side close Bob, always enjoyed a chat and (usually) a purchase at shows.  I'll keep an eye out for your announcement about who's distributing the MDC stuff.  I was just getting into figures, and your range is the one of choice.

Good luck for the future.

Wow, i was about to have an attack when i've read the title !

Thanks Kev and Bob for the informations. MDC supplies amazing detail parts especially for the 1/32 community, it would have been a huge loss if they have closed for real.

Actually, if you close your retail because you have to much work, it's rather a good sign for you. :)

Edited by Zero77