Kinetic 1/32 Kfir !!!!!

Zero77

• 1 year later...
14 minutes ago, eagledocf15 said:

Is there an update? Has this been cancelled? I was so hoping for this one!!!!!!

No signs of life for some time. They seem to have put the Kfir C.1 and Mirage IIIE to one side, possibly because of the Italeri Mirage III kits (for which there exist various conversion sets for European, South African and South American derivatives).

They have a P-47 coming out.

I've always hoped they would scale up the Sea/Harriers, especially the FRS.1 and weird trainer thingy.

Tony 

11 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I don't think Kinetic has much interest in 1/32 anymore.  He seemed uninterested when I talked with him about it in Phoenix in 2018.

It was that wild eyed stare you gave him Jennings!   They do some nice 1/48 place holders but we still hope for some in the real scale.

Tony 

Indeed, I have yet to understand why we have so few new large scale postWW2 topics and more particularly jet kits...!?! I understand that creating a model of a Su-34, a Vigilante or a F-111 is a very complex and expensive venture. However, there are still many smaller topics that could be easily produced: A/T-37, T-38 & F-5A/B, Fury variants, F-94 variants, Gen 1 Harrier/SHAR, Hawker Seahawk, Folland Gnat, BAC Strikemaster/Jet Provost, Dassault Ouragan, Fiat G-91Y, etc. etc. And if you want to add the propellers: T-34C, SuperTucano, PC-6, Mohawk, etc. For some reasons, it looks most manufacturers do not really see the attractivity. Currently, only Kittyhawk and Italeri are filling the blanks.

To me this is not really a problem of demand. What was the demand for WW1 kits before WnW revolutioned that market? We really need some actor with a new view to foster the release of high end models of cold war planes. I'm sure that this would generate demand as well. The Harrier is an excellent example of what COULD be done!

Maybe ICM will venture to more modern times as the -50´s and -60´s some day....

I wouid love to get some smaller jets as  a MiG-15/1719, F-86 Sabre or Fiat G.91, Tweet or or Strikemaster from them.

Their current kits in 32nd are stellar!

Stefan :D

Edited by Phantom2