RAAF Super Hornet. Finished.

ericg

Guest Peterpools

Eric

Holy Cow, looking fantastic and the gizmology, works perfectly.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Some more work.

The turtledeck behind the rear seat is almost devoid of detail. Eduard go some of the way, providing a single recorder box that sits on the right side of the space and also some etch that covers the deck itself. There is a fair bit of detail there that i felt needed to be added, since it will be visible when the canopy is open.

First up was the manual canopy winding mechanism, quite a prominent feature and I just had to have it there.

10 small pieces of scrap styrene went into this assembly.

IMG_1585_zpsad2qzyqp.jpg

The detail of the Turtledeck starting to come together. As can be seen, the new winder mechanism is in place. I have added solder wire to represent the winding cable that leads to the front cockpit and also for the various electrical wires that are around this area.

IMG_1597_zpsqefyusus.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Eric

Nice work on blending in the decals and the details for the turtle deck look spot on

Keep 'em coming

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Starfighter, have seen the area that you mention and will come up with something for it.

I finished doing most of the detailing work to the main undercarriage, which required scratchbuilding all of the brake and hydrualic lines, as well as the rear tie down points. There is still some work to go to get this area right, as the kit didn't give much more than basic detail.

IMG_1647_zps0tf86i8e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Onto the loadout. I recently received the excellent Videoaviation USAF GBU 38's, of which my Hornet will carry 2 of. The resin bombs come supplied as a set of eight and each bomb is made of 3 parts. The nose of resin bombs are a little too blunt to suit the ones that I wanted to depict hanging off the Aussie Hornets, so without too much arm twisting, I turned up some new tips from Aluminium on my Lathe.

IMG_1867_zpsfacrmdq4.jpg

IMG_1868_zps0smv3qpa.jpg

In this pic can be seen the unmodified resin bomb, with the modified and primed bomb in the middle with the unprimed modified bomb on the top of the pic to illustrate the change made.

IMG_1874_zpscceet2up.jpg

• 3 weeks later...