Iconicair 1/32 Supermarine Attacker

EmperorKai

I was going to do the MB5 but I have a suspicion that aircraft without service history don't sell very well, after the Attacker will be another Royal Navy Naval and a German aircraft.

I think you are right on the MB,5, unfortunately, so hopefully that will leave you more open to a Wyvern (says the hopeful Dorset boy) or even the Supermarine Scimitar...

When I was into 1/72 scale back in the 1960's I built all the British jets from the 1940-50 era. They were Frog and Airfix kits.

They are all gone now but I'd like to replace them in 1/32.

To me the 1940 to 1960 era of jet aircraft of all countries is the most fascinating. The designers were really experimenting with the jet powered plane designs. It was really a fine era for designing out of the box. Just as interesting as WW1 aviation.

Early on in that era I was into U-control flying models too and then in the later 60's I was in the Air Force ROTC program during college.

Now I am selling off my 1/32 vacuform stash except for the planes from that post-WW2 to 1960 era. Those I keep and maybe even I'll make them. Who knows?

A buddy of mine flies ultra-light ultra small radio control indoor flyers in an armory on Sundays. These planes fly so slow you can walk around next to them while having them under control. I wonder if I can power some of these  vacuform aircraft with the really light and small electric motors and RC gear. It should be interesting. I know it would work fine with the 1/24 WW1 aircraft vacuforms.

Its an interesting life.

Stephen

I see one of these, the old newsreel of the canopy that wouldn't unlatch and wouldn't break plays over and over in my mind.

That harrowing episode involved a Scimitar during a Press Showing on a carrier. Utterly ghastly and haunting. Poor sod.

Pic is of a Sea Hawk, its predecessor

Tony

• 1 month later...