Italeri incredible announce

rafju

I think the huge amount of interest in the Kinetic 48th E has caused around the net just shows how many people want the late series Mirage.

Other than an E plus the rest of the three family..Daggers plus others the number of operators European and otherwise is far bigger.

These days many modellers like myself no longer have an interest in Israeli options irrespective of how many Migs they shot up on the ground or shot down.

Almost no choice in camo schemes or operators and the C is a dead end as Eduard..Hobbyboss...Fujimi have found out.

And it has damaged Mirage options badly until Kinetic finally have scooped up the jackpot and let the Genie out of the bottle and right behind them are HPM.

When like Eduards it's sales bomb we will not be getting an E anytime soon from Italeri.

I mean if Eduard can't sell a profipack C in 48th it's a good indicator of how it will go.

They are still on shelves from over ten years ago and has only been released as a weekend edition once in over a decade.

Maybe Italeri are following Tamiya and lead starting with the least popular variant. The only problem is that means it would be an engineering mine field trying to get a C and then the huge family of late Mirages from a common mold.

For Mirage lovers I think this is about worse case.

The trench makers pick the least used variant with the least number of options that many are not a fan of to judge how further releases will go.

Something akin to releasing a Bf109C and using that to judge how a G/K series would sell.

Edited by Darren Howie

I think the huge amount of interest in the Kinetic 48th E has caused around the net just shows how many people want the late series Mirage.

Other than an E plus the rest of the three family..Daggers plus others the number of operators European and otherwise is far bigger.

These days many modellers like myself no longer have an interest in Israeli options irrespective of how many Migs they shot up on the ground or shot down.

Almost no choice in camo schemes or operators and the C is a dead end as Eduard..Hobbyboss...Fujimi have found out.

And it has damaged Mirage options badly until Kinetic finally have scooped up the jackpot and let the Genie out of the bottle and right behind them are HPM.

When like Eduards it's sales bomb we will not be getting an E anytime soon from Italeri.

I mean if Eduard can't sell a profipack C in 48th it's a good indicator of how it will go.

They are still on shelves from over ten years ago and has only been released as a weekend edition once in over a decade.

Maybe Italeri are following Tamiya and lead starting with the least popular variant. The only problem is that means it would be an engineering mine field trying to get a C and then the huge family of late Mirages from a common mold.

For Mirage lovers I think this is about worse case.

The trench makers pick the least used variant with the least number of options that many are not a fan of to judge how further releases will go.

Something akin to releasing a Bf109C and using that to judge how a G/K series would sell.

Having grown up with "Les Chevaliers du Ciel" and "Tanguy et Laverdure", I love the "C", but yours is an interesting perspective Darren ...

Maybe Glen should carry on and fast-pace the "E" version then ?

Hubert

Kittyhawk just announced they have cancelled development of there Mirage IIIE series.

Its on there facebook page.

Extremely disappointing!

Great we get stuck with a trenched Mirage that two countries flew and lose what may have been based off the Sabre Dog photos a very good Mirage IIIE with nice detail and nice panel lines.

Based off the gouging prices and poor quality Italeri doing the Mirage may be the worst news Mirage lovers may have ever had.

Worst case scenario..poor manufacturer releases least most popular version and miraculously sales are dismal.

World looks on going wow Mirages just dont sell not touching them.

A replay of the last 25 years but hopefully the onslaught of decals and extra boxings of the 48th E's will convince someone other than Italeri to release the E family.

Trumpeter?? Revell?? Kinetic??

Edited by Darren Howie

Kittyhawk just announced they have cancelled development of there Mirage IIIE series.

Extremely disappointing!

Great we get stuck with a trenched Mirage that two countries flew and lose what may have been based off the Sabre Dog photos a very good Mirage IIIE with nice detail and nice panel lines.

Based off the gouging prices and poor quality Italeri doing the Mirage may be the worst news Mirage lovers may have ever had.

Worst case scenario..poor manufacturer releases least most popular version and miraculously sales are dismal.

A replay of the last 25 years but hopefully the onslaught of decals and extra boxings of the 48th E's will convince someone other than Italeri to release the E family.

Well, times to make this project surface - K3209 - 1/32 MIRAGE IIIE/O

After almost 2 years of R&D in the MIRAGE IIIE/V, our 1/48 MIRAGE IIIE/O has the 1/32 version design in mind. The research process is done, why don't we make it in 1/32 ? Of course, the level of details will be different from the 1/48 release. 

The initial sales of the 1/48 release already proof the size of the market. So, LSP fellows. Don't worry. 

Raymond

Kineticmodel.com

After almost 2 years of R&D in the MIRAGE IIIE/V, our 1/48 MIRAGE IIIE/O has the 1/32 version design in mind. The research process is done, why don't we make it in 1/32 ? Of course, the level of details will be different from the 1/48 release. 

The initial sales of the 1/48 release already proof the size of the market. So, LSP fellows. Don't worry. 

Raymond

Kineticmodel.com

Well, thanks for chiming in Raymond, especially with this kind of news !

Many thanks for proving also that mnaufacturers do take a watch on what's going on here, and take LSPers' views into account.

Next question then is ....   when :) :whistle: :innocent:

Hubert :frantic:

Extremely disappointing!

You're hard on Italeri....

I dont think the C choice is a bad choice. Personally i am very happy of it, as i already can build a E from the old Revell kit, and there is a probability that Italeri also release the E later.

And how can you state that the quality will be poor?

I think you base your arguments on the F-104 kits, but i recently bought the F-104C, i've not built it yet, but it looks pretty good in the box, with a lot of parts and details, and the price was not that expensive (i paid it 78€) compared to other big 1/32 kits from trumpeter or Kinetic.

Of course i'd buy a E from Kinetic as well !

Edited by Zero77

Raymond

Kineticmodel.com

Raymond,

Here in France, "We are Kinetic"!

Thanks a lot

ps: Please take a look at this jewel...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1vy0gw_la-sentinelle-du-matin-2-4-lafayette-luxeuil-les-bains_shortfilms

happy Raf

Edited by rafju

Great we get stuck with a trenched Mirage that two countries flew...

Four countries flew the C, three of which effectively used the jets in combat in one capacity or another.

I will definitely buy a IIIC from Italeri, even if it comes with not-so-good panel lines...

... but will also likely get one of *every* Kinetic IIIE / O / 5 boxing (except for any Kfir, which has zero appeal to me).

I am somewhat amazed that's taken so long to get a modern kit of this French 1960s+ icon.

Tony

The III is a legend of ist own, but I like the elegance of the F1 too... :wub:

The F1 was a dream to fly. Even a novice Pilot could handle it easy. The HAF never used the 2 seater to train their pilots, all of them were high time pilots that used first the T-33 to exercise the landing pattern of the Air base and then they jumpted directly into the f1...amazing

Well, even if Italeri IIIC is not better than the F-104, I'll be happy as this is far better than any current solution! And I can say the same for the Kinetic kit!

Moreover, I'll wait for the plastic sprues before complaining about the probable quality of kits for which we do not now if the first mold has been cut!

Wait and see. The sun is already brighter for Mirage lovers than it was one week ago...

You're hard on Italeri....

Your right I am.

But for an F-104 that had panel lines which where different depths on both sides of the fuselage..where poor standard at best...soft incorrect detail..didnt supply all the weapon options for the S..and was over 130US so more expensive kit than a 32nd Tamiya F-16 i think it was pretty fair to not hold hope for a decent result from Italeri.

On the subject of F-104's there was no sign of AFV Clubs 32nd one at Nuremburg.

Anyone know what its status is as it was supposed to be released not long after Italeri's.

Maybe another case of a manufacturer killing off a kit due to the release of a mainstream manufacturer release.

Given AFV clubs F-5's I would take their Starfighter over anything Italeri could ever ever produce any day.