It baffles me that there are no French fighter jet kits of modern tool

IBuildEmBig

That reminds me of one ...

Do you know why the Vatican are absolutely sure that Adam and Eve were not Chinese ?

Because they would have eaten the snake !

Hubert

it is all protein

I ate snake as well ! And moutains wild cat, too. The flavour was pretty uncommon (and i did not very like it)... It seems that we are not intended to eat animal who eat meat themselves.

I also have a picture of my wife eating scorpions on a brochette.

Chinese food is not for faint hearted ! :)

Sorry for the thread hi-jacking !

Edited by Zero77

I ate snake as well ! And moutains wild cat, too. The flavour was pretty uncommon (and i did not very like it)... It seems that we are not intended to eat animal who eat meat themselves.

I also have a picture of my wife eating scorpions on a brochette.

Sorry for the thread hi-jacking !

So much for cannibalism.

Zero, China is as big or bigger than Europe and extremely diverse, so there's no way to generalize about the food IMO. Some Chinese food is quite exotic (though the different meats tend to be fixed in fairly predictable ways, mostly stir-fried because that uses the least amount of precious fuel). I have traveled over the country pretty extensively, and there's nothing more exotic there than some of the things you'll find in Europe (haggis, Andouilette, blood sausage, sheep's eyeball).

Of course Bill, you're right !

I should have said "some chinese food", and especially food from some remote inside parts of the country. All those strange things i've eaten were near Huang Shan (the Yellow Mountains, an incredibly beautiful place), in very rural and poor areas. People were very nice and generous, mostly not very used to see white caucasian people (and i was the only one as my wife is asian), way more than in big cities like Shanghai or Beijing. The food was strange but not bad at all, and it was fresh organic food, for sure ! Small rural restaurants, in small villages were not even restaurant like ours, but just a room in a familly's house, who cooks dishes for you. In the morning, they asked us what we'd like to eat in the evening, depending of what they had in the fridge. Very nice !

In Shanghai, i loved the food, even true chinese shanghaian food is mostly adapted for western people. I loved the sautéed chicken with hot peper. Hot but so good !

Strangely, i did not found that the food was better when more expensive. Some very cheap chinese restaurants were very good wheras i was not so impressed by great and expensive restaurants, certainly because those were perhaps a bit too much sophisticated for me.

I spent about 6 months in China, mostly at Shanghai, so i was able to try several things ! And it was there that i was contaminated by 1/32 scale ! (i bought 4 Tamiya kits, almost at the 1/48 price in Europe, and started to build one several years after and since then i could not stop !)

Edited by Zero77

Terry,

I don't know how you did it, but your magic seems to work !

Now can please start the same style of thread with "It baffles me that there are no Handley-Page Hampden kits of modern tool "

Many thanks in advance

Hubert.

LOL.

I should put my new found magic to good use.  Ok here goes...

It baffles me why there is no world peace yet.   :)

Cheers,

Terry

Edited by IBuildEmBig