It baffles me that there are no French fighter jet kits of modern tool

IBuildEmBig

There is also the resulting confusion when we use the term Quarter scale to describe both models that are 1/4"=1'-0" scale (1/48 size) and 3"=1'-0" scale (1/4 size). :wacko:

Regardless of any math, what scale you are referring to, what % of the brain you are using, or how much thought you put into it, 1/4th scale is 1/4th (or 1 QUARTER) of the real thing, and 1/48th scale is 1/48th of the real thing. Hence 1/48th is NOT quarter scale.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread!   (Sorry for getting off topic..............I digress)

Their listing on their site lists it as 1/35. I guess it is a misprint. Sorry.

Stephen

Its OK Stephen; your 1/35 scale reference caused me to check it out as that is an unusual scale for a new aircraft kit and you are correct, it is a typographical error (Heller certainly are not the first model company to make this error, nor will they most likely be the last either!).

Derek

It was always a "thing" for me growing up in aviation while my dad flew giant scale (quarter scale) R/C ships, and to this day it bothers me almost as much as Apple products for whatever reason. I know of no other scale ANYWHERE where the reference to that scale is referred to in relation to a measurement of distance (in this case an inch, which doesnt even apply to the rest of the world which is on the metric system!!), as apposed to a reference of how big it is VS the real deal.......

Iain, it always REALLY bugged me when people referred to that scale as quarter scale..................mainly because "scale" to me always was a reference to how big the model was VS the 1:1 and NOT how big the model was in inches or sections of inches.

To me, always and unequivocally, quarter scale is a scale of 1 quarter the real thing; IE 1/4th scale. 1/48th scale may be 1/4th of an inch but it is not 1/4th scale, nor it is "quarter" scale.

It just always really bothers me for whatever reason when 1/48th is referred to as quarter scale...............since it isnt.

Sorry, RANT OVER.  No offense intended to anyone.  :lol:

I'm with you on this one Brian - maybe it is a form of laziness to leave off the ' " ', 'in' or 'inch' off after 'Quarter' or '1/4', but it does make a big difference.

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Well, that's come out of left-field! We're assuming it's a new tool of course, and not a re-box of the old Revell kit.............

Never thought of that.................but as you said, I think thats unlikely, but still. Got me wondering..................guess we shall just have to wait till Italeri confirms.

Well, that's come out of left-field! We're assuming it's a new tool of course, and not a re-box of the old Revell kit (that's pretty unlikely, really). It seems to me that Italeri is attempting to follow the same resurgent path that Airfix currently is.

Kev

The Revell kit was an E, longer fuselage.