Low-viz A-6E Intruder decals coming - Libya & Desert Storm

ziggyfoos

Previously stated wasn't going to do low-viz A-6's but had reconsidered and now they're done and at printers - they'll be available late Feb or early Mar. This won't please everyone but it was kept small (if 1/32 A-6 can be called that) so "only" 5 squadrons are covered but options for 7 aircraft. One from all three of the squadrons from the 1986 Libya strikes (VA-34, -55, & -85) and also two squadron from Desert Storm (VA-35 & VMA(AW)-533). The DS ones there are two aircraft options for each, the alternate ones are aircraft with the early perforated brakes. Profiles will be posted later and [Profiles now posted further down into thread] Prices will be figured out later.

COVER-32003.jpg

32003a.jpg

32003b.jpg

Edited by ziggyfoos

As far as AOA:

High viz VA-75 probably won't be happening.

A-4M's (high or low viz) I can confidently say definitely will not be happening from AOA.

As mentioned I'll post the profiles later. Reason being is I have edit the A-6A profiles into E TRAMs.

Meant to also say, there will not be a full airframe stencil sheet in low viz. Outside of the obvious large stencil markings (intake, rescue, exhaust, etc), stencils aren't provided in this Libya/DS sheet mainly because I don't think they are needed either because they weren't used or were all but invisible on the real thing unless you were 2ft away from the real deal. The DS aircraft apparently didn't even have the stencils. Some of the Libya ones may have but it seemed to vary from jet to jet even within the same squadron (along with color and style). There are some extreme close ups of some of the kill marking aircraft and stencil markings can only barely be seen.

The sheet does provide though two sets of ejection seat decals, red TRAM don't touch the window markings, internal boarding ladder stencils (though I've not seen this on these aircraft but they're provided anyway), along with two types of warnings for inside of the wingtip speedbrake (one standard full font, one stenciled font).

Also provided is fuel tank markings for most of the squadrons, helmet decals for all but 533 (but include hard FOD cover decals for 533), MER markings for VA-35, and a whole bunch of VA-55 ordnance markings - the Rockeyes all had lightning bolts (visible in the cover photo), and the Mk.82 snakeeyes were liberally plastered with graffiti, most of it hand written (not included - go wild with white wording), but the ordnance shop had various Libya/Khadafi stencils that were used to paint on the snakeyes (these stenciled ones are provided)

Couldn't figure out for certain if the VA-34 tail and codes were black (they appeared to be), so alternate dark grey versions are also included which is why there are two sets visible.