1/32 Revell Heinkel He-219 Engine-Nacelle Kitbash

fockewings

Hi Guys,

Here is my solution for the wrong Revell engine nacelles. It took me a while to find the most probable solution and at the same time using the least possible work (no engraving, putty and so on).

Maybe some find it interesting and helpful and want to do the same.

I can say that I bluntly asked ZM to send me some sprues. I wasnt satisfied with the Revell 1/32 wing assembly and had no ambitions to create another long-term-exhausting-nerv-eating-adjusting build. SO I had the idea to use some parts off the ZM He-219 to fix my already bought Revell. Honestly I was so upset with the looks I almost threw it in the bin.

Back to the start:

Well I got an advice from ZM and no sprues. They said It would be very difficult to bash both Kits and that they are very different in setup and so on.... Well as I received my already ordered ZM Heinkel I was positively surprised to find an option at the last page in the building manual for ordering seperate sprues.

Thought about it five minutes and ordered these sprues as well. We are talking about Sprues D and 2x B and one clear sprue for the fantasic canopy. I will explain later why I ordered the clear parts as well. 

Alltogether it was the price of another Revell 219 but I wanted to test it.

So some time went by but I couldnt forget about the Revell waiting in the stash. So one evening I grabbed the Kit and glued together wings complete with the inner parts of the nacelle. I was impressed how the parts fit together after giving them a careful trim. I one can say one thing about the new Revell kit - it fits like a glove....

Edited by fockewings

Hei Clarkis,

YES they sell them seperately... You have to get an account via VOLKS IN>C in japan. As I understand this is a platform where you can order/buy  items like ebay.... Correct me If Im wrong

Call me stupid but I tried to upload pics via link/URL and Iam not allowed in this community. Tried to find an upload function but no luck.

Can you help?

Edited by fockewings

Hei Florin,

Almost everything.

Angle of Attack or better the angle the whole engine nacelle sits in relation to the wing. Its tilted upwards, the diameter is too small (between 3,5 and 5mm difference), the upper shape is more flat - it should be rounded and so on. In my eyes not worth to be used... The engraved panel lines are more made-up than true to the original.

Edited by fockewings

Sorry to break it to you, but there is nothing wrong with the angle of attack of the nacelles on the Revell kit.

The engine nacelles overlap perfectly on this Heinkel factory drawing, dated 15th of May,1944: Pictures are misleading because they are taken from below the level of the aircraft (eye level at a height of 1.80 meters at most compared to 4.4 meters).

DSCF1233.JPG

Hey focke.......

There are no longer any pic uploads allowed @ LSP. You just need some sort of host service like photobucket, picsa, or the like to post links to the photos you are trying to get to appear on the site.

Edited by Out2gtcha

My mistake was that I copied the browser adress and not the pictures... Well,  done for now.

Anyway the below picture shows the assembled wing with the (only dryfitted ) lower part of the nacelle

DSC05809.JPG

Edited by fockewings

It is your kit, so you can do whatever you like... Forgive me for trying to help.

Florin - as said I never go for sketches - no reason to be upset - Drawings are to be handled with utmost care. Even the polish kagero he-219 drawings in 1/32 have mistakes. Therefore I ment that only the original is a fact. :)  I have studied some FW-190 drawings and even them being from original FW factories are a mismatch to the original, just as an example,  the diameter of the nose ring of almost 10mm. Tolerance, copies, distortion and so on.

HI Fockewings - I looked on the VOLKS INC site and I could not see any where to order these sprues...can you be a little more specific on how to do this? A link maybe?

Thanks, clarkis

Hei clarkis,

I will add a pic later showing the section more clearly from post 13