New Decals, Anybody?

Motion 2

I've heard there are some plans for the A-6E. You talking low or high viz?

As I'm sure you know the problem with 1/32 modern schemes is the pretty large size they end up having to be because of the space taken up, especially the A-6 tail codes and squadron markings. Meaning either that not many scheme options can be provided, which then means potentially small sales considering everyone seems to have their favorite scheme ("I want a VA-__ KA-6D from the USS __ from 19__!") - so majority may not like what ends up being available in decal form and they don't buy it. Other thought is to provide more options, but then that means an even bigger sheet and higher price, and more money means potentially less sales (and more loss to the sheet producer). In both cases, sale quantity may not justify the expense of releasing them for certain subject. Me109s or P-51s? Probably.

All great answers, thanks.  Does make me wonder though, here the model companies are making the kits we have been asking forever to make, with more (hopefully to come, Century series a/c), on the way.  Used to be the decals and a/m parts were out before the kits in some cases.  Now the economy is crap, great new aircraft available and choice for markings is almost 0.  I can fully understand why the decal guys shy away from these big birds as the sheets for even 1 aircraft would be massive investment and no guarantee of sales. Masks are great, but someone still has to make them.  Think about the idea if sales of the A-6E/TRAM doesn't meet 'expectations'  due to lack of a/m parts/markings, will there actually be an EA-6B in the future?  Times have changed over the years, and I will be up front and say before I drop $200.00 for a kit that I really want, I will shop for markings before I buy.  Can't make them all, but some level of variety would hopefully hit the market in the future.

7210315456_312fefa0cc.jpg

vaq138.jpg

Dave Roof (MAW Decals) once expressed interest in some Desert Storm USMC decals for the A-6E.  I hope this works out.

I'm not MAW Decals.........I own/operate Flying Leathernecks Decals. Creighton Henthorn was MAW and he is no longer in the hobby business. I do in fact have sheets coming in 32nd scale for Marine Corps A-6E Intruders. Desert Storm will be covered first with multiple options for VMA(AW)-224 and VMA(AW)-533. The second sheet will cover 121 and 242. The third sheet will cover 332 and VMAT(AW)-202.

VMA(AW)-225, flying the A-6A in Vietnam, was deactivated in 72 and never received the A-6E.

Steve did an awesome job covering the A-6A's in Vietnam, so that art work has been shelved.

Can't help with the EA-18G markings.