Kitty Hawk OV-10 AM products

Out2gtcha

Dave can you PM me your email

On 6/19/2019 at 12:41 AM, Vandy 1 VX 4 said:

Dave

We can use a ADU-299 rail adapter for the Sidewinder rail to pylon? 

image244.jpg

image236.jpg

Scan0031_zps15b27994.jpg

Middle right side photo shows it use on the OV-10D

Dave I received the ADU-299 adapter roughly looking at it it's too small width length and height also the little winglets they're cut at angles on the backsides  

the wings are at about a 30 degree down angle from the body too. I have exact measurements at home found them in a file and I'll send you some more photos

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 5:20 PM, John1 said:

Nice looking stuff!   One note, I think late-War,  some aircraft were retrofitted with these RWR’s.  Refer to the pics posted of those PAVE NAILs.    

Ya you're right, the RWRs were showing up in SE Asia. I got a late war RWR equipped one in the AOA decal sheet (the Playboy bunny exhaust scheme) but don't have it shown on the online scheme images, and forgot to show the rear "pods" in the printed instructions....

17 hours ago, daveculp said:

Working on a prototype now.  Not many photos available - I think you have them all :)

I've got a pylon length (at 1/32 scale) of 33.2 mm.  The total length of the pod is 36.4 mm.  Any comments on the shape and size?  The measurements I used came from the photos, so it's a pretty rough estimate.   This is the first print, so some tweaks are needed.  I also have to print the clear part yet.

Excellent news for potential PAVE NAIL. Unfortunately I only see an X image at the moment though? Are you considering making the wing tanks too?

I may have missed in in earlier posts, do you already have products for sale or a manufacturer name? Or are these more one-ofs sets you're making?

13 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

That would be one major undertaking in resin in 32nd.

That being said I'd buy an accurate OV-10 pit in a heartbeat.

I was only referring to the NAIL specific targeting display.   SInce it's pretty prominent (see pic above), I was hoping that it would be included if they are going to release the targeting pod itself.   Even if it's it's only an approximation based on lack of info, it's better than nothing!

That being said, how bad is the kit cockpit?   Anyone offer any upgrades, new seats, etc?

10 hours ago, ziggyfoos said:

Excellent news for potential PAVE NAIL. Unfortunately I only see an X image at the moment though? Are you considering making the wing tanks too?

I may have missed in in earlier posts, do you already have products for sale or a manufacturer name? Or are these more one-ofs sets you're making?

I only have one product ready for sale now - that's the ALR-46 RWR set.  (Edit online store is down while I rebuild it)

That's $9 plus $4 shipping.

If I had a decent photo or diagram of the Pave Nail (Pave Spot?) scope/controller I would definitely make one.  I have the same problem the kit manufacturers have in that you put as much research in as you can gather, then after you make the kit you find out somethings wrong or missing.

As for the ALR-46 the cockpit display/control panel, I probably never would have made it by memory alone (37 years since I last saw one) so I held off until I finally found a photo it :)

Dave

Edited by daveculp
Store is offline at the moment

Harold already makes the wing tanks, wheel's, seats, navy-marine Corps

OV-10A rear version center console, a Central fuel tank mentioned in previous posts. He was making 4 bladed prop.

I know I'm missing a couple of items possibly pilot helmets you'll just have to go through the post Page by Page as it was for only LSP members

17 hours ago, Vandy 1 VX 4 said:

OV-10A rear version center console, a Central fuel tank mentioned in previous posts. He was making 4 bladed prop.

I know I'm missing a couple of items possibly pilot helmets you'll just have to go through the post Page by Page as it was for only LSP members

Ah forgot about that!

I have always wished someone would make a 32nd NOGS conversion for the KHM kit..............

ov_10x_nogs_version___usmc_by_haryopanji

On 6/24/2019 at 5:53 AM, thierry laurent said:

Harold also produced the ADU-299 parts. I got some sets from him for my kits. 

I think the ones I did are a bit different variation. Slightly shorter with curved ends, different attachment points and three reinforcement gussets under the "wings"...If I had time, I could easily mock up the proper adapter using one of the first castings I did without the gussets. I will see if I still have one laying around. I can add just a fraction of length to one end, sharpen the angles, sand off the built in "feet" and add the enactment points. That would do it.

6sntA7.jpg

I found it...it would need some reshaping for sure.

Edited by Harold

On 6/23/2019 at 12:02 PM, Vandy 1 VX 4 said:

Here are the 4 bladed props.

fYXnFQ.jpg

WXZB72.jpg

57 minutes ago, Harold said:

That would be bad a**.

Yes it would!!!

I dont even know what all in involved in a NOGS conversion other than the obvious stuff, turret, prop blades, dual weapons pylons and tip pylons, but not sure about any pods, or IRST type ball, or any cockpit screens or changes. 

4 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

I dont even know what all in involved in a NOGS conversion other than the obvious stuff, turret, prop blades, dual weapons pylons and tip pylons, but not sure about any pods, or IRST type ball, or any cockpit screens or changes. 

If you're talking about the wild illustration posted, that's a fictional NOGS on steroids.