Kitty Hawk OV-10 AM products

Out2gtcha

• 1 month later...

No luck contacting Harold regarding the 230 gallon tank.  In the mean time I've started working on the B37K bomb rack.  This is my first successful print with my 3D printer, and now that I'm learning to use it I don't know how I'll find time to build models!  Still plenty of work to do on the B37K.  Here's a photo of it posing with the excellent BDU-33 bombs from videoaviation.com.

B37K.jpg

10 hours ago, daveculp said:

No luck contacting Harold regarding the 230 gallon tank.  In the mean time I've started working on the B37K bomb rack.  This is my first successful print with my 3D printer, and now that I'm learning to use it I don't know how I'll find time to build models!  Still plenty of work to do on the B37K.  Here's a photo of it posing with the excellent BDU-33 bombs from videoaviation.com.

B37K.jpg

Have you PMed Harold here on LSP?

Harold

18 hours ago, daveculp said:

B37K.jpg

I have photos showing that rack on T-33s and F-100s as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Got the 230 gallon tank from Harold, and it's awesome.  I was thinking about digging some dents into it for realism, but that takes more bravery than I have :)

One other thing I've found missing on the KH OV-10A (and also missing on the Academy 1/72 OV-10) is the rest of the radar warning system.  The kits come with the forward RHAW antennas but not the rear antennas nor the cockpit controls and scope.  In addition, the forward antennas in the KH kit are flat when they should be a half-sphere.

I'm going to add this to my 3D printing to-do list, but it may take some time.  The 3D printing system I have is not as plug-and-play as I'd hoped.  There is a lot of trail-and-error involved in tweaking the settings.  After 15 attempts at printing the B37K rack I still don't have a satisfying result.  Close but not close enough.  I was thinking of writing an article on it.  Is anyone else interested in 3D printing (DLP type)?

Dave definitely interested in your experiences with 3D printing. I keep looking at them but haven’t pulled the trigger as i was afraid I wouldn’t have the time to learn it so know your insight would be helpful.