HK Models Mosquito Preview

LSP_Kevin

Goodness me.... If you don't like the kit, or you don't like the price, don't buy it. If you do, do.  If you don't like your governments tax systems, vote them out.  Whinging about it just sounds like Sour Grapes.

Me, I really like what HK has done. No kit is perfect, half the fun is spotting the issues and sorting them out. This is an extremely CHEAP hobby compared with some, so for me, the issue is almost ALWAYS 'do I want the thing', rather than 'Can I afford the thing'......  

Tim

Goodness me.... If you don't like the kit, or you don't like the price, don't buy it. If you do, do.  If you don't like your governments tax systems, vote them out.  Whinging about it just sounds like Sour Grapes.

Me, I really like what HK has done. No kit is perfect, half the fun is spotting the issues and sorting them out. This is an extremely CHEAP hobby compared with some, so for me, the issue is almost ALWAYS 'do I want the thing', rather than 'Can I afford the thing'......  

Tim

^ what he said!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure these sprues are the same as the ones I did my preview on.

Kev

It's possible, but I'm thinking these are the third incarnation. A number of important changes were made on new reference and on recommendation from the 1st Gen model I assembled. 

I'm currently building a hybrid of 1st and 2nd generation test shot.

10966739_743077645799377_482057119_n.jpg

10961814_743077655799376_1193333663_n.jp

Wow James, great work mate.

I see on their FB page the wing no longer has the top cowl moulded on, I am guessing so they can do the separate 2 stage Merlin now at the correct length.

I will check your review again Kev, but HK say they have just got new sprues in...

Edited by Anthony in NZ

Wow James, great work mate.

I see on their FB page the wing no longer has the top cowl moulded on, I am guessing so they can do the separate 2 stage Merlin now at the correct length.

I will check your review again Kev, but HK say they have just got new sprues in...

Jim's probably right, in that there have been some tweaks since I received my sprues (Jim has the same ones), but the wing mod is present on mine:

130-7.jpg

Kev

That would look real nice as a Beaufighter as well.

Oh yes !!! Looking forward to the Mossie FB.VI and / or NF variants, though might be tempted by a PR variant

Really wish HKM all the best with this venture

Tony

I'm really looking forward to this one.

My 1/32 Mosquito collection currently consists of two Corgi diecast versions - one bomber and one FB VI...

..which are very nice, but it would be good to make my own!

I did have a Revell one back in the day, which I wasn't that keen on.. but it never got finished, suffering an 'accident' at the hands of my (then) two year old daughter! :doh:

Edited by Shoggz