LSP_Kevin

HK Models Mosquito Preview

well I'll buy one of each version they release no problem. If the Lanc is to this standard we are in for treat.

So take your time with this and the Lanc, happy to wait as long as it takes for the best possible kits with bugs already ironed out.

I just don't see any reason to adore this brand.

Do you even own any of HKs kits? Have you ever built one? I might suggest either before you put a company down overall. If you have seen the new molding technologies on their Mossie and think thats nothing to adore, than you must not build very many models.

Lucky for them that their target market is US where most of the people that buy this stuff are more content with what theg get when they open the box.

Wow,

Speaking of OFFENSIVE. 

Id have much more to say about that little statement and how offended I actually am at it, but this is a family site.

Yep VAT is in EU higher than in US (is it right that in US it is still called sales tax?)

Yes it is right. Sales tax is just that, a tax on sales that is regulated, and is ALWAYS applied to the same puchases, at the same rate each and every time depending on the state you live in.

If you buy something from a state in which you DONT live in it is never applied.

Edited by Out2gtcha

Get this back on track! There is no reason to do other than discuss an upcoming model. With the Revell kit, all the resin bits and decals released over the years, and now some news on the HK kit we ought to have more to do than pick at each other. I too have heard rumors of a Tamiya kit, but until we have some solid evidence, it seems the HK kit is the big boy on the block.

Goodness me.... If you don't like the kit, or you don't like the price, don't buy it. If you do, do.  If you don't like your governments tax systems, vote them out.  Whinging about it just sounds like Sour Grapes.

Me, I really like what HK has done. No kit is perfect, half the fun is spotting the issues and sorting them out. This is an extremely CHEAP hobby compared with some, so for me, the issue is almost ALWAYS 'do I want the thing', rather than 'Can I afford the thing'......  

Tim

Goodness me.... If you don't like the kit, or you don't like the price, don't buy it. If you do, do.  If you don't like your governments tax systems, vote them out.  Whinging about it just sounds like Sour Grapes.

Me, I really like what HK has done. No kit is perfect, half the fun is spotting the issues and sorting them out. This is an extremely CHEAP hobby compared with some, so for me, the issue is almost ALWAYS 'do I want the thing', rather than 'Can I afford the thing'......  

Tim

^ what he said!

I see on FB HK have received their reworked testshots and a couple of people already have them in their hands...anyone here seen them?

I'm currently building for Military Illustrated Modeller. I think Neil will soon post a couple of my quick photos on the HK FB page.

I'm pretty sure these sprues are the same as the ones I did my preview on.

Kev

It's possible, but I'm thinking these are the third incarnation. A number of important changes were made on new reference and on recommendation from the 1st Gen model I assembled. 

I'm currently building a hybrid of 1st and 2nd generation test shot.

10966739_743077645799377_482057119_n.jpg

10961814_743077655799376_1193333663_n.jp

Wow James, great work mate.

I see on their FB page the wing no longer has the top cowl moulded on, I am guessing so they can do the separate 2 stage Merlin now at the correct length.

I will check your review again Kev, but HK say they have just got new sprues in...

Edited by Anthony in NZ

Wow James, great work mate.

I see on their FB page the wing no longer has the top cowl moulded on, I am guessing so they can do the separate 2 stage Merlin now at the correct length.

I will check your review again Kev, but HK say they have just got new sprues in...

Jim's probably right, in that there have been some tweaks since I received my sprues (Jim has the same ones), but the wing mod is present on mine:

130-7.jpg

Kev

Another example of the lengths that HK is going to to make their kits as accurate as possible.  They've invested a lot of time, effort, and money in correcting tooling on the Mossie to make it a really accurate representation of the real aircraft.  

A *LOT* of other companies could take lessons.

Edited by Jennings Heilig