82nd Abn paratrooper-Operation "Just Cause"

JRutman

Since the painting phase approaches for the first figure I dug up the actual uniform I wore on that jump,which is,in fact,commemorated by the yellow combat star on my senior jump wings. That's right,I never did get my master wings. We had so few aircraft available to use after Desert Storm that we hardly ever got to jump!!!

So now I have to match these colors.

panamauniform001_zps4f6ade51.jpg

Ya'll said ya wanted a personal story,so...be careful what you wish for,hehehee

Mate,

being one (modest) reactor as well as a modeller, I am overwelmed by this project an the story that goes with it.

Being able to have a look at your gear is the cherry on the cake !

:popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:

Curious, do you plan to paint the skill awards, patches, name tapes, etc...? I know there are a couple companies that make decals, I've used the 82nd ones myself on a diorama I built for a former CSM in the 3/73 Cav.

Thanks gents,appreciate the comments.

Joe,

I won't need to make any patches,etc as they are all covered by the webbing. I will have to do the shoulder patches though. Also,the helmet. In those days unit SOP called for the rank to be sewn on the helmet  covers' front.

J

I always found the Woodland pattern difficult to replicate but you are doing good mate.

The right leg looks incredibly good in my eyes   :thumbsup:

The left leg and left arm might have a bit too much Brown and green and slightly look like british DPM.

I hope you do not mind me telling Jerry   :shrug:

Thanks gents,appreciate the comments.

Joe,

I won't need to make any patches,etc as they are all covered by the webbing. I will have to do the shoulder patches though. Also,the helmet. In those days unit SOP called for the rank to be sewn on the helmet  covers' front.

J

Thanks. I know our Brigade SOP was the same. Rank was sewn on helmet covers, as well as name, (and ONLY name), printed clearly on elastic cover band. I think the only guys that pinned rank, if they even wore any, on helmet covers, were COSCOM.