82nd Abn paratrooper-Operation "Just Cause"

JRutman

I love how you added the "crash pad" to the kevlar. So many modelers miss this. I actually attended a small show here sponsored by Hayes Hobby, (yes, Mike talked me into going), and one guy from Baltimore had built a dio of a Sheridan being unpalletized by the crew after a drop. He asked me what I thought. I was actually quite impressed, and said so. He then promptly started to belittle other contestants, (which I cannot stand), about how innacurate their work was.

However, he was quick to shut up once I pointed out the missing helmet pads and straps. I never like pointing out potential mistakes or innacuracies, I make my fair share, but I will not tolerate a self-proclaimed "rivet counter"!

I love how you added the "crash pad" to the kevlar. So many modelers miss this. I actually attended a small show here sponsored by Hayes Hobby, (yes, Mike talked me into going), and one guy from Baltimore had built a dio of a Sheridan being unpalletized by the crew after a drop. He asked me what I thought. I was actually quite impressed, and said so. He then promptly started to belittle other contestants, (which I cannot stand), about how innacurate their work was.

However, he was quick to shut up once I pointed out the missing helmet pads and straps. I never like pointing out potential mistakes or innacuracies, I make my fair share, but I will not tolerate a self-proclaimed "rivet counter"!

Hard for me to miss stuff on a topic like this one. When I went to jumpmaster school all this gear was hammered into my head like nothing else ever was!!

J

Maybe my memory is playing tricks (I haven't jumped in almost 10 years), but shouldn't the H-harness have a single pull release tab? :hmmm:

You can see it here on the 2nd guy from the left below and between his hands

C130mod.jpg

Left Door Jumpmaster!

I really like the bareheaded figure... he captures the look just right :punk:

Edited by stikpusher