1/24 AV-8A Marine Harrier

crackerjazz

8yVFmra.jpg

Harvey, thanks!    Had a bit of trouble with the nozzles at first.    Found it easier to glue the shell halves together first, then trim down the blades' pins and the blades snap right into place.    I'm going to attempt to make an SEU-3/A AV-8A seat to replace the basic MB-9's supplied with the kit.  I find modeling it first helps in scratchbuilding parts from styrene and also helps to visualize how it would look.   (So much for my plans to build the model OOB :(    -- just the cockpit and that's it).

c9JlcIj.jpg

hMFnlkn.jpg

LqFGbEk.jpg

aiOUVEt.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just a couple scratched details, mostly OOB is my plan -- I really just want  a bsentation of an AV-8A on my desk  (I'm actually ashamed to say this, seeing the beautiful super detailing being done on models in this site  --  I hope you don't mind). 

Here goes nothing...

fX9CGST.jpg

I used water-thinned apoxie sculpt to mellow down the rivets and fill the pebbly surface a bit then gave her a good sanding. 

ksJtmpU.jpg

j31gyM4.jpg

TqocSzC.jpg

5tl527c.jpg

kThVuI0.jpg

dm9QuCv.jpg

The rivets on the shapely body remind me of the Nautilus from  20,000 Leagues Under the Sea :)

hW58yrN.jpg

I think your hitting this out of the park :goodjob:      Nice detail work / Scratch building

Cheers

Thanks for your kind words, fellas!   Appreciate your stopping by :)

OauLLvv.jpg

The SEU-3/A seat has a D-ring aside from the double-loops.  There's an interesting read here about Robert Duvall's AV-8A experience...

http://www.oo-rah.com/store/seastories/ss33.asp

8jIQ2lC.jpg

yY3R5K1.jpg

tI0zwJ0.jpg

GkVHE9n.jpg

Boiled for a bit.

uC3jRTT.jpg

then washed under the tap and pried out the loop.

TpMfugt.jpg

ln5I0nV.jpg

Edited by crackerjazz