FELIXTOWE F2a Late Done!!

Simmo.b

• 3 weeks later...

The interior is just about done, just some cross-bracing to add once the fuselage halves are joined.

As most will never see the light of day once the kit is completed I wanted some decent pics to record that I actually added it!! So Eric G popped over with his gucci light system and took the following pics for me...Thanks mate!!

The control lines are ez line and the throttle cables are the correct diameter piano line I sourced from my LHS, far easier to add than ez line, just measure the length, join 4 peices together and add.DSC04294_zpscojjvkey.jpg

DSC04292_zpsgmcxx7rx.jpg

DSC04291_zpsnhnpdopo.jpg

Engineers position

DSC04296_zpszufdjetn.jpg

DSC04297_zpsmzzbebum.jpg

DSC04298_zpshwlwxfxu.jpg

Together

DSC04299_zpsvrtfwzq1.jpg

More soon folks...stay tuned

Gorgeous woodwork on that. I thought about using Alex's decals but I enjoy painting my woodwork, so I stuck to Old School. We are like minded regarding the "natural" birds as opposed to the dazzle schemes. I do however, have to do my late kit in the red/white dazzle scheme for my wife as a condition of her getting it for me for Christmas lol. Hey... gotta keep the wive's happy right?

Cheers

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Back again!!

Just a small update but a major step forward, the fuselage has been closed up and the seams filled.

I gave the kit a coat of Mr Surfacer White 1000 straight from the can, needed several light coats to build up the opacity but a great product.

I then masked up the stringers on the turtle deck before shooting a pre-shade of Gunz Radome and applying the same colour to the wood areas which were later oil grained.

I will be giving the Aviattic clear doped linen decals a try for the cdl areas on this kit hence the prep, if the cdl decals are anything like the quality/ease of use of Aviattics lozenge decals then should look nice!

Anyway pictures tell a 1000 words.....

004_zpsqy1f0prc.jpg

003_zpslzq70xyq.jpg

002_zpscmlkoruh.jpg

001_zps1mnlsspx.jpg

Thanks for looking in!!