FELIXTOWE F2a Late Done!!

Simmo.b

008_zps346edcaa.jpg

Hi all, I made a New Years resolution when this awesome kit arrived that I would try to get her done this year, will I make it? who knows but with my promise in mind I have made a start.

Things may change but at the moment I am doing this option.

009_zpsc2258cf6.jpg

I was tempted by the colourfull birds but really like the idea of seeing all of the components that these birsd were constructed with, wood, metal cdl etc.

I began by snipping off and cleaning up most of the components that make up the interior and giving them an undercoat of Tamiya surface primer, then the parts to be black were sprayed 'scale black' (a mix of Tamiya black and red brown).

The black was masked and the parts to be finished in wood effect sprayed Gunz radome with some parts picked out in Gunz flesh.

007_zps2df0ae3b.jpg

006_zpsf1921c7c.jpg

005_zps63a3e72f.jpg

The side frames were placed against the fuse sides before being sprayed radome, this left a negative image on the fuse sides which acted as the guide for a preshade of scale black to go under the eventual Uschie wood decale that I intend to apply to this area.

002_zps493e9d6a.jpg

001_zps16d08b0f.jpg

Thee finished effect should look pretty cool!

003_zps8af494db.jpg

004_zpsed7853fb.jpg

Thanks for looking, more progress soon I hope!!

Edited by Simmo.b

Some more progress, I applied a coat of raw umber over the previously undercoated parts with the exception of the forward floor and the fusalage sides which recieved ushie woodgrain decals.

The end result looks pretty good but will hardly be seen through the cockpit openings...modelling for God I've heard it called!!

003_zps93c0215c.jpg

the fuse sides uschie deecalled

002_zps7a9b654a.jpg

001_zps859181e6.jpg

Sides with frames

004_zps9834b986.jpg

Floor bits

005_zps0435bc09.jpg

006_zps8fd542be.jpg

And the other 'woodie bits'

007_zps4a284fe4.jpg

More soon,