Mals A6M2, Tora Tora Tora Is Finnished......

Mal_Belford

Oh well..

Hey why dont you two split them between you then.....

Ill post

say wich ones each of you need and ill cut them for you....

PM each other and make up between..ill post them to both of you free.

use the pic to mark out wich ones you agree to share.....

Make the best of two worlds

/Mal

Allright.....

Im done with them decals..also the prop is brown on the other side....and grat news...i had a old decalsheet from a 1:48 Zeke...with prop decals...yes they are oversized for a 1:48 bit guess what...them blade decals are exacly the same as them for 1:32....so hey....prop is done.......i pleased with this one...also that i won the struggle with that spinner and prop....

IMG_0691_zpsay6afi0d.jpg

IMG_0692_zps9ik7kiir.jpg

IMG_06961_zpsk4y7d71q.jpg

IMG_0694_zpsq0ybaew0.jpg

And them last decals in place and bucket loads of decalsoftener, punctured along the rivets to get that damt decal down.....now it is really melted in to the paint lol..all is clearcoated...all them rivets are there....thinking of getting a mask cutter printer....so i can cut them letters to....

next stop..prepare wash....got to figure wich tone in that, it is a clean machine....just want to make them pop out...ill figure it out...that camo color is special, so got to get that wash right that it fits with the whole....

/Mal

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Thanks Mitch ....

That wash....im leaning to grey to dark grey....not to high contrast here.......since everythin g is brand new and just to pop out just enough...not to much and not to little....hairfine ballance here......

/Mal

Thanks Peter....

The last thing is that wash to get it right lol....since i i wont need to do that much exhaus stains and them machineguns stains......

Hard to do a brand new thing... lol .....in other words....Less Is More saying.

also got thoughts about finnish.. i think ill go for a semi sain/flat/gloss finnish.....it makes things look new...as theese birds in fact were 7 Dec- 41....

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Not much left on the biold at it self...son this saga ends but another will take place...nameley baseplate of a Naval Japanese Aircraft Carrier.....

Whats left is some pinwash on them wheelbay doors, antenna and rigging....them nav lights on them wings, and them macingune barrels.....and some light light exhaust stains......

IMG_0705_zpshdb55dk2.jpg

IMG_0707_zpsuclgo7j1.jpg

IMG_0709_zps3283um2r.jpg

IMG_0710_zpsjlapmpi2.jpg

IMG_0711_zpszzuuycow.jpg

/Mal

Allright...

This is what i will use for the flight deck... light colored mahogny....maybe not rifght but il asjure you it will look cool an luxary ;)

IMG_0718_zpstqunp7jg.jpg

and for my third diorama base frame/plate ill go on that Ikeas Glasdsax LP frame.....perfect and esthetical clean in my taste that i like....

IMG_0715_zpsdqhgxf3u.jpg

the other side..yes masonite....(i think its called the same in english) perfect to glue the deck on it...

just fooling around and getting ideas...yes this will work perfectly.....

IMG_0714_zps1kcsitcg.jpg

also figuring the scene...pilot back from mission or leaving...posing in front of a camera on a tripod....i would love to have a camera man....ill see if i can do another kaps pilot that holds it instead...well lets se how it goes...

/Mal

/Mal

Started today collecting referens material google for that IJN Carrier deck Akagi...

Hard to find satisfying pics...

Here is one usefull....so google more..

Note the asymetri of them planks also not even surface....geez im to perfect so got to do it uneven and assymetric.....in other way say...relax and have fun now....

ftzzm8.jpg

If someone wants to fill in ref photos, feel free i would be more than happy.

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford