Mals A6M2, Tora Tora Tora Is Finnished......

Mal_Belford

Well, Mal what can I say, that looks sensational!  Love the Archer rivets and cockpit is amazing.

I seem to be admitting defeat before I even got much done.  The weather has been so nice here I have been busy in all my spare time down at the hangar working on my aeroplane rebuild.

I check in every day too see where you are at and if I can still finish in time.  Great job mate, you make me look like an amateur.

Cheers

Anthony

Thanks Anthony....

Yes we build theese zekes together....remember i got much still on this project...remember im going to do that diorama flight carrier deck.....that mean scratch build alot on that too them attachments on the deck...

Also you are doing the real deal and enjoying weather....

Any pics on that plane...i would love to see it Anthony.

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

I forgot to say...

The last pic...them lighter metal parts are actualy the silver from them pens ive earlier showed, with alittle oilcolor solvent in the mix with the silver pen color...it gets smoother and self leveling so no brush strokes...it look airbrushed...

that intake and aoteke is Alclad...

Wanted that different tone i alu

Edited by Mal_Belford

Little more done this evening....That head rest is in place....had to work on that to make it look alive, by shading with the AB and mask of surrounding area....since it is very very spars with washes....

also that front panel in place....maybe not 100% right...but This will do just fine and it is good enough for me...

IMG_0554_zps688be442.jpg

IMG_0555_zps0f180c5f.jpg

/Mal

modelers thumb... I get that sometimes too!  :doh:

Lol.....

My thumb is my palette.....i use my thumb as a pallete thats why it looks like that...hold the piece, brush in other hand...yep and optivisors....i use em 90% of my builds......yep got bad bad eyes....hard to beleive but i do...

-4,25.....im close eyes lol...

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Thanks all for them kind words....

Also reinforcement arrived today.......

Refill some, also try new products, them new ive never used is Tamiya primer (got to try, since many recomend it), som new Alclad transparent colors such as Hotmetal red and Armoured glass (green), ive used the Hotmetal blue to do my aoteke, wich i really love....also Mikro Kleer......also looking forvard to test Alclad Flat clear....also anew tool to do rivets, them round ones (much on german planes), beading tool i think its called.....

yes another pack of Radubs Scribe R File, wich is awesome, lost one old blade .....so ordered a new one

IMG_0564_zps2598500f.jpg

Ill post an build update later this evening, so stay tuned.

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford