Mals A6M2, Tora Tora Tora Is Finnished......

Mal_Belford

Thanks Harvey and Peter....

More to come....

Just finnished the engine....

and detail painting, silver and gold from pen ink....perfect for them jobs...some pinwashing to touch it all up...i think im done with this now, less is more...

IMG_0394_zps162ad36e.jpg

I like that alclad burnt iron for them exhaust brand new look, o lets say little use...

IMG_0395_zpsf38c9f79.jpg

(Mal

Guest Peterpools

Mal

Looks fantastic! Tell me more about the ink pens - they surely sound as a tool we should all have in our war-chest.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Theese are the pens i use, there are similar brands, these are NOT the ones with alcohol....

IMG_0397_zps88973918.jpg

The Pros...ease o use, u press the tip after that you shaken it (it got a steel ball in it) down in to a small cup, then apply with a brush....perfect for higlight shine example nuts on a engine and drybrushing dont add that extra pop out for certain details as desired...or other details

if accidently comes out side the detail wich happens to every one and it gets a blop of paint that need pachjobb, by adding paint to a allready painted area....take nly som oilcolor solvent mosted brush and whipe it of, also if dont like the effect it removes easily with a cotton stick mostened in oilcolor solvent....

Cons...it dries fast i a cup and becomes useles into a sticky plob, so tip here just take a drup at the time in a cup to work with....

also dont get it on your fingers it can leave silverpirint marks every where, s keep hands clean and let it dry properly....

also the brush is easily cleaned with oilcolor solvent after that...

/Mal

Thanks Nornicle....

Try it...i like using methods and find methods that is very forgiving, and easy peasy to fix/remove without damaging existing job..and not one shot try methods..

Ive moved more to oils for detail painting and drybrushing of that reason...also there is alot that can be done with oils effects and details....

But thats me....

But feel free to steel...try..

Borrow...improve...give back....thats what forums are for ;)

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Thanks Thomas, appriciate it alot :)

After i decided the indevid and marked the manual, wich im glad that i did, they got a Nakajima zeke variant and it got some small difference in cockpit only one on the IP, also the absence on them ballance weight on the wings on the version im going in for, easily make tiny errors....lol

/Mal

Guest Peterpools

Mal

Thank you for the info on the Ink Pens and I just want to make sure I have this correct. You paint directly from the pen on to the part to be painted. Sounds great and heading to Michaels tomorrow for a set.

Peter