brahman104

HK B-17...C!!!!!!!! 4/9 drifting to the right

Fantastico!

'I also spent two whole days re-running braided cable across the top of the bay.'

Home made or store bought?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

4 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

Fantastico!

'I also spent two whole days re-running braided cable across the top of the bay.'

Home made or store bought?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark!

I'd like to take credit for making them, but they are brought. Pretty sure it was RB motion......

In any case they look the part a hell of a lot better than that horrible thread stuff I used last time.

Cheers,

Craig

A couple more pics from yesterday.

I made up an ammo can holder out of litho plate. It probably should have lightning holes in it to be perfectly accurate, but all my punches are rusted up at the moment from months of not being used, one of the joys of living in a high humidity environment!

fG8jLHR.jpg

A really quick paint up of my 3D printed ammo cans.... they came up really nicely! :)

e62oZyT.jpg

And installed in the nose. Looking pretty busy now!

o5mVVd8.jpg

Time to hit the other side ;)

Cheers,

Craig

Craig - this looks like the most extensive project I've ever seen.  You should guesstimate part count sometime!  See if it's more than my P-38 with the LG door scissor hinges.

Craig,

By now I'd think I wouldn't be surprised by what you pull off, but every post gives me the same astonishment as when you first started cutting up your G fuselage! You have a unique ability to hack away on plastic, but then bring it back together again. I even have to admire your "mistakes" as not only do you recover from them, you to make them look like  blessings in disguise!

• The outer nacelle was a major surgery and you ended up with minimal "scar tisssue."
  • The lighting lights up your work beatifully and is not overbearing --- scale lighting!
  • Just as you did with the cockpit and radio compartment, you avoided the "sea of green" in the nose comparment with your use of different shades of your base color and highlights of bronze green. The insulation has the "padded" look of the early forts compared to the thinner type used later. There's going to be plenty of color in the nose without it looking like a carnival.
  • Your O2 tanks look so much better then if you would have just used the later "ribbed' type. Driftmeter, ammo cans, heat ductwork --- each thing just adds to the realistic feel. The navigator's box may (or may not) be a bit of "artistic license" --- but it's believable an doesn't look out of place. Love how you got the illusion of a lid.

To me, what makes all your detail work stand out is that it all is done with 3 dimensional pieces. We've all seen beautifully painted "brought to life" molded in detail. As good as they look, they still lack the "separate piece" look and that's where the realism has its roots.

I could go on and on, but I don't need to point any of this out --- everyone sees it the same as I do!

"Don't sweat the details" --- unless you're Craig!

IPNOTIC!!!!!

I've spend all the night to read this topic;I'cant stop me.

Your use of Rhino is fantastic,I use it too for my kit(Win version  i don't like the mac one but I use it from beta version),I'm reskin a 1:48 B24D e rebuild the engine and undercarriage zone.

I've a Anycubic SLA 3D print and the printing area is pretty small but the detail are awesome.

I still tuned 

On 9/6/2019 at 12:04 AM, JayW said:

Craig - this looks like the most extensive project I've ever seen.  You should guesstimate part count sometime!  See if it's more than my P-38 with the LG door scissor hinges.

G'day Jay. Always a pleasure :)

I don't know...... I think it'd be more of a close run thing between your gear doors and your R2800! I think you're more of a glutton for punishment than I :)

On 9/6/2019 at 12:50 AM, curiouslysophie said:

That is the sort of super detailing I like! Fantastic work :D 

Hi Sophie, thanks for looking in. I see you do have quite the eye for details from your builds. I hope you'll enjoy the journey!

On 9/8/2019 at 6:58 AM, TKB said:

Craig,

By now I'd think I wouldn't be surprised by what you pull off, but every post gives me the same astonishment as when you first started cutting up your G fuselage! You have a unique ability to hack away on plastic, but then bring it back together again. I even have to admire your "mistakes" as not only do you recover from them, you to make them look like  blessings in disguise!

• The outer nacelle was a major surgery and you ended up with minimal "scar tisssue."
  • The lighting lights up your work beatifully and is not overbearing --- scale lighting!
  • Just as you did with the cockpit and radio compartment, you avoided the "sea of green" in the nose comparment with your use of different shades of your base color and highlights of bronze green. The insulation has the "padded" look of the early forts compared to the thinner type used later. There's going to be plenty of color in the nose without it looking like a carnival.
  • Your O2 tanks look so much better then if you would have just used the later "ribbed' type. Driftmeter, ammo cans, heat ductwork --- each thing just adds to the realistic feel. The navigator's box may (or may not) be a bit of "artistic license" --- but it's believable an doesn't look out of place. Love how you got the illusion of a lid.

To me, what makes all your detail work stand out is that it all is done with 3 dimensional pieces. We've all seen beautifully painted "brought to life" molded in detail. As good as they look, they still lack the "separate piece" look and that's where the realism has its roots.

I could go on and on, but I don't need to point any of this out --- everyone sees it the same as I do!

"Don't sweat the details" --- unless you're Craig!

Thanks Terry! Always appreciate your comments. I had a lot of fun with the right side of the nose, something I'd put off for a long time. I really want to get into the right side now, but time is a precious commodity right now so we'll see.

On 9/8/2019 at 6:45 PM, spartacus2000 said:

IPNOTIC!!!!!

I've spend all the night to read this topic;I'cant stop me.

Your use of Rhino is fantastic,I use it too for my kit(Win version  i don't like the mac one but I use it from beta version),I'm reskin a 1:48 B24D e rebuild the engine and undercarriage zone.

I've a Anycubic SLA 3D print and the printing area is pretty small but the detail are awesome.

I still tuned 

Thanks for looking in and commenting mate. I'm still very much a novice at the 3D stuff, but I'm learning with everything I do. It's great fun and really bends the brain at times!